Spring / Summer April 2018 and onwards deployment(s)

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
Penri

Re: Spring / Summer April 2018 and onwards deployment(s)

Post by Penri »

... I also note that the Butts probe is reporting the 200, 300 and 400mm levels. Am I right is remembering that the leds didn't come on for those values when we checked on Thursday?
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Yeah, that's right with the butts pirobe.

I don't know - there have been no changes to that part of the software. Also, I didn't update it on Tuesday. Are the reading preceeding Tuesday when we came in or after?

Perhaps it was the blue stuff at the bottom of the inside of the probe?

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

I went to WMT this morning to take a look at the sump water level, it was oscillating between 200 and 300 as normal, so I don't understand the sump probe readings showing 200 and 400.

The reading I was referring to were the ones you posted yesterday Hamish, starting 2018-07-31 10:59:16.284429 and finishing 2018-08-03 09:08:36.857585.

The readings previous to that were the ones posted on the 31Jul18, the last entry of which is 2018-07-31 10:30:44.733792.

Went back in this PM to return a window I'd re-done and again inspected the water level. It was about where I left is this morning with a small amount running back from the butts.

The newly laid cement around the blue pipe is doing a good job, there is no standing water on the side away from the pipe and only a small amount on the blue pipe side.

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Ah, it could be when I came in, mid afternoon on Saturday?

I put it on manual control for a while, and it was sat at 200mm, and it had to rebalance.

That's probably all it was. If it's working now then I guess it's fine :)
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I see what you mean - just had a look. It didn't come up a single time!

This is the level that's permanently half-lit isn't it? Perhaps we need to fix the interface board issue causing that (that was the problem wasn't it?). Could something have gotten stuck in the connector?

I'm guessing if I put the connector in the wrong way round it wouldn't work at all?

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hamish

The issue started before you and I added the floatation collars on Thursday

There is the lingering issue of the half lit led but the circulation pump was switching on at 300mm today, so the control system is doing the right things, it would be interesting to see what the logs report at the same point, unfortunately I'm not up to speed on how to go that. We'll have a look on Tuesday when Terry and/or you are in.

The connector will only go in one way without destroying it, and if one did that it wouldn't work at all.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Looks like this was probably some sporadic software issue. Either way it's no longer a problem :).

Good progress today - butts are installed (but currently not connected), and the ethernet cable is a good way towards being run all the way.

We also leak tested the butts and fixed the leaks.

Hamish
Last edited by hamishmb on 07/08/2018, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Oh Penri:

If you come in tomorrow, could you leave the gate valve and any associated stuff needed to install it somewhere safe for me? If it's the same as the ball valves, it gets glued in, right?

I know I messed up a bit today, but I'm not completely incompetent (I hope), so I should be able to do it so we can collect water XD. I'll probably be in next Tuesday, instead of this Thursday, because I'm getting to the point where lots of exam revision is needed again :)

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hamish

The ball valve is in a cardboard box in one of the sacks you found the parts you used today in.

It does need to be glued on, the white waste pipe fits inside each side of the valve.

Before you glue it on you'll need to cut the blue pipe to size, install the joint between the blue and white pipe; this consists of a sleeve that fits inside the blue pipe, the black joint (like the one you installed today), a threaded straight joint and a reducer to fit the white pipe we're using. If I have time I'll get those out tomorrow and leave in the Wendy House butts area.

Then you fit the ball valve it has to be done in such a way that it's accessible for us to turn, but also well supported so that when we turn in on and off (these ball valve are all very stiff to turn) there is no stress put on the white pipe. We will also need room after the ball valve to fit a gate valve and the pump before it joins into the current pipe work.

If you can get as far as a dry fit and have planned where we need to cut in to the existing plumbing you will have done well.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, sounds like a plan. I shall try to do that, and fit the ball valve, so the butts can fill up when it rains.

Hamish
Hamish