Summary of Meeting 2017-11-14

A forum for discussing/summarising the meetings we hold at WMT. Also a good place for general discussion.
TerryJC

Re: Summary of Meeting 2017-11-14

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

I don't think anyone is suggesting that this work should be done any time soon, but AFAIK you can mix RPi.GPIO and wiringpi-python in the same code; you are simply calling methods from a different Library. I may be wrong on this because I've never actually tried it.

In any case, I'm fairly certain that there is a compatibility layer in wiringpi-python to make it easy to port code that already uses RPi.GPIO.

We may have to use wiringpi-python anyway if the PWM code for the main sump pump doesn't work properly.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Possibly, though I think that would be a bad idea! :)

It is easy to port, but as it's hard for me to test my code without deploying, I'd rather not make any huge changes until I/we can fix that. True, we'll see what happens.

Hamish
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

I just remembered that at the Meeting, when we summarised the things to be done, you mentioned updating the Software Design Document and asked how the flowcharts had been done. At the time I said LibreOffice, but that wasn't correct. I used Dia, which amongst other things has a whole set of flow charting symbols. You should have Dia in the Mint Repository because it's in the Ubuntu one, which Mint is based on.

I'll post the two flow charts in the Software Design Topic, so that you may update them if need be.
Terry