Autumn/Winter November and onwards 2017 deployment(s)

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
Penri

Re: Autumn/Winter November and onwards 2017 deployment(s)

Post by Penri »

Hello

A mighty impressive decoration I'd say. It will come into it's own when we add the next butt farm.

In the meantime I would like to see what the total volume of water we have in storage, in sump plus butts and how that varies over time.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

A mighty impressive decoration I'd say.
Yep XD

Well, when I was in yesterday we apparently had 400mm of water in there.

When I come back in on Tuesday, I'll take the readings and update the software (I've already improved some things since yesterday).

Note:

A lot has changed in the software since we last had it running without buttspi, including how it transmits data over the network. All of these changes, particularly the network-related ones, should improve reliability and stability, but we need to keep a close eye on things for a little while. I have tested it at home, obviously, but things have a tendency to break in strange ways when no one's looking :P

Hamish
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I may be a bit late in tomorrow. I have promised to take someone for a hospital appointment which should be finished in plenty of time, but there are no guarantees.

See you when I see you.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Good morning,

River system running but sump level low, so I’ve turned off the circulation pump and bog stop cock. Aim to see how river settles.

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Hi,

As we discovered this morning, there is a leak in the sump. The system has been disabled temporarily until we have fixed it. Penri, I forgot to turn the SSR back to auto, so you might want to do that if you're still in. Nevertheless, the butts are pretty much full anyway.

The software is still running with, as far as I'm aware, no problems, despite a slightly patchy connection between buttspi and the router.

Here are the latest readings.
Attachments
ControlSystem_Levels.txt
(205.36 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Float_Switch.txt
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
rivercontrolsystem.log
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
universalmonitor.log
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hamish

I'm at home now, I'll review how things are tomorrow but I did check the butts before I left and, as you say, found them to be full.

Hwyl

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Everything appeared OK with the shut down river system today. There was some thin ice, in patches, on the river surface but the butts and sump were ice free.

I think the sump level has increased since yesterday, I seem to recall the top of the butts pump was out of the water, it was definitely submerged today. This may have been down to the slow trickle still flowing in the river when I left yesterday (the river flow had definitely stopped today) or perhaps some seepage back through the non-return value, will review tomorrow. I don't think it's an issue, it may even help to identify where the leak is, give we're focusing on the sump as the prime culprit.

Hamish, I left the SSR on OFF after checking that it was able to pump on Manual.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, fair enough.

After climbing in and removing some stuff, I couldn't find the leak, so I think it's probably in the floor.

If it's warmer soon, we can try to fix I guess.

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

I finished the cleaning out exercise on the sump yesterday then poured in a bag and a half of wet sand/cement mix, gave it a stir and left it to, hopefully, set. It was looking ok'ish today although wet on top.

Hamish, hope you are feeling better; if you do go in to WMT tomorrow I suggest leaving the sump alone to finish curing, please don't climb in. I'm off on a day trip tomorrow so am very unlikely to be at WMT.

I'll be turning up at WMT to help dress the Float (Save the Children parade) on Saturday morning aro.und 09:30

Hwyl

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello all

Brief update on activity on last WMT open day pre-Christmas.

Between us, Hamish and I we cleared the river system of as many leaves as possible and installed the water wheel housing, see attached photograph. Clive, sorry for the mortar splashes on the pristine plastic, hopefully it with clean up when the mortar has gone off.

I've really enjoyed the work we've done on the river system this year, very good progress has been made, and I'd like to thank you all for contributing so much to the effort. I'm looking forward to moving it along next year.

A very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year to you.

Penri
Attachments
IMG_1490.jpg
IMG_1490.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1180 times