Summary Of Meeting 10/10/2017

A forum for discussing/summarising the meetings we hold at WMT. Also a good place for general discussion.
hamishmb

Summary Of Meeting 10/10/2017

Post by hamishmb »

Hi everyone,

Here's a summary of what we talked about and did in this last meeting.

We talked about:
  • The current state of the river control software/system.
  • How to handle the probe float bobbing up and down a lot in software.
  • Better ways to document & comment software.
  • Making the probe remember the last reading in hardware so people and/or the software can see what the level is more easily.
We did:
  • Grab the software from the Pis and upload it to github so I can work on it again.
  • Improve handling of a bobbing float in the sump by changing the control logic.
  • Stop showing tons of debugging messages in the log file.
  • Fix a final bug that was accidentally introduced after changing the control logic (access to a variable that hadn't been set).
  • ^-- Because of this the reading interval is set to 30sec at 500mm, rather than being left as is.
  • Test the system once again.
  • Leave the system running but without the butts valve on; we can collect more water if it rains this way.
We will:
  • Penri will build a new magnetic probe with the ring magnet for increased reliability.
  • I will improve the software's crash detection so we can log exactly what happened in the event of a software crash.
  • I will expand upon the level of detail in the docstrings as I discussed with Terry (this IS what I'm meant to be doing, right Terry? XD)
  • I will document the commandline arguments in another design spec forum post so Terry can integrate that into the spec file.
  • Modify the control logic slightly so we can avoid setting a new reading interval at 500mm (right now it sets it to 30sec).
  • Come back (at least Penri and I) and turn the butts valve so it can function properly, if everything has been fine since Tuesday.
  • ^-- I will bring my laptop in case we need to diagnose or upload new software.
Hamish
TerryJC

Re: Summary Of Meeting 10/10/2017

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote:I will expand upon the level of detail in the docstrings as I discussed with Terry (this IS what I'm meant to be doing, right Terry?
Yes. That's right.
Terry
hamishmb

Re: Summary Of Meeting 10/10/2017

Post by hamishmb »

Excellent :)
Hamish