Overall Phased Requirements

Holds discussions about the requirements for Wimborne Model Town's River system.

Relevant documents are available at https://wmtprojectsforum.altervista.org ... quirements
TerryJC

Overall Phased Requirements

Post by TerryJC »

Back in April, we developed a Requirement Specification for the River System as a whole. When we stopped working on it, this Forum hadn't been created so the Spec was never uploaded to here.

This Topic is to rectify that omission and provide a place for comments to be processed as we develop the Requirements going forward.
Attachments
WMT_River_System_Phased_Requirements_Iss_0.5.2.ods
(26.74 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Terry
Penri

Re: Overall Phased Requirements

Post by Penri »

Hello

This is probably the wrong place for this but as long as it gets through:

David Allen from Canford School is coming along to WMT on Thursday at 14:00 to get a better understanding of what we're doing and for us to understand what the capabilities of the students may be.

I don't feel there's a need for us all to be there on Thursday as this is the first "toe in the water" which will be followed up by more detailed discussions on what we get various individuals to do.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Note: I was looking back through these as it was relevant to some of my OU study, and realised that we should update this document, because our status has changed for many of these requirements.

Also, have we added any requirements since then? I feel like something is missing here.

Hamish
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

You are right; pretty much all of Phase 4 is now 'In progress'. I don't think any of them are complete yet though.

Penri,

If you agree, I'll put out V0.5.3.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Yes we are well and truly in Phase 4, so I agree.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

Before I finalise this, I have some queries:
  1. In Phase 2, I'm assuming that Requirement 2.3 (Pre-sump filter) has been completed.
  2. Also in Phase 2, has Requirement 2.4.1 (documentation of plants) been completed?
I believe I know the answers to the rest of the Requirements. I note that we have actually started some of the Phase 6 Requirements, but none of Phase 5 as yet.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello Terry,

The pre-sump filter still needs to be permanently mounted, it's currently held in by plastic wedges, so not really complete.

The plant locations have been documented and plant labels placed next to them, so yes complete.

Interesting point of Phases 5 & 6, it would make sense to rearrange them, 6 before 5.

Hwyl

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri wrote: 02/02/2018, 12:02The pre-sump filter still needs to be permanently mounted, it's currently held in by plastic wedges, so not really complete.

The plant locations have been documented and plant labels placed next to them, so yes complete.

Interesting point of Phases 5 & 6, it would make sense to rearrange them, 6 before 5.
OK. Thanks for your answers to my questions.

However, if I re-arrange Phase 5 and 6, I would also have to update the over-arching text document 'River System Requirements' (currently at V 0.5) because we refer to the phases within it. Is everyone happy to make this change?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

I'm OK with it, any alternatives we could adopt?
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Not without starting again. If no-one has any objections, I'll release both documents before Monday.
Terry