Summer / Autumn 2017 Prototype Deployment

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
TerryJC

Re: Prototype Deployment - Setting to Work

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

It doesn't really matter when I get it (within reason and as long as I have enough time to complete my share of the work before Tuesday morning); I just wanted to work out when i would need to get going on it. I think that I would prefer to wait until your stuff is done though, so I can wire everything on the Interfacing Board at once. I'll be out on Monday morning, but I could easily pop in to your place (or the WMT) on my way to or from the supermarket.

BTW. I've just spotted that the box has no provision for the Sump pump. I know we said that the Motor Drive Board could be fitted into the same box as the current pump controller (where we already have 24 V power), but we will still need to get the 5 V PWM out of the Butts Pi case.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry

I haven't got the connectors for the sump pump controller (or the return solenoids, if we fit them) yet so I have not drilled the holes. Given that the box should be fairly self contained and easily removable retrofitting stuff should be relatively straightforward.

Hwyl

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

OK. Shall I come to collect the box on Monday morning?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry,

I'm meant to be out on a cycle ride on Monday, weather permitting. I can either drop it off with you, at your house, or leave it at WMT, on Sunday, whatever suits you best.

Hwyl

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK. I'll be in tomorrow morning, so I'll see you at 11:30ish. We'll wire the other cables when you have them.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello Terry

I now have the necessary wire to make up the looms for the SSR and waterwheel so will get on with those, see you tomorrow.

Hwyl

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Updated wiring diagram attached.

Hwyl

Penri
Attachments
Sump wiring v03.odg
(23.55 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

For future reference. I think that I may have found a way round the Ethernet connector unreliability problem:
Ethernet_Connector_Securing.jpg
Ethernet_Connector_Securing.jpg (156.03 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
I was having mega problems because the tiny 'shoulders' on the release tag seemed to be too smooth. Hooking the tag on the outside of the protective sheath seems to do the trick.

Trivial I know, but I thought it was worth mentioning to save future grief.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry

Good solution, almost as if it was designed to be used that way!

Please find attached an updated SSR assembly circuit showing the revised wire colours and connector pin numbers; please disregard the pin numbers on the mains wires, my circuit drawing tool insists on numbering all port symbols.

NOTE: In line with the relocation of the SumpPi control assembly to the green box, the SSR assembly will be relocated there too, I'll re-arrange the mains wiring to suit.

Hwyl

Penri
Attachments
Circuit v02.pdf
(16.98 KiB) Downloaded 92 times