Documentation reorganisation

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
TerryJC

Re: Documentation reorganisation

Post by TerryJC »

Done.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Hmm, I don't have an email from you with them, or see them attached here. Did you just add them to the fileserver?
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Yes.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, thanks :) I'll go through the folders again and add them to the repo. I guess then I'm searching through forum posts.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Sorry I forgot that you were going to upload them to GitHub. I was thinking that you were going to wait until the uploads were completed before you pushed them out.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

No problem.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, well it looks like you've added quite a lot of stuff, and possibly renamed some things. Do you have a separate copy and/or did you make a list of what you changed?
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

No. I simply copied my 'old' directory contents and told Dolphin to skip duplicates. I never renamed anything because I assumed that you wanted the true historical record.. These are the original files.

Would it perhaps be easier to delete the current GitLab content and push it again?
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Probably easier, but less organized as I've already moved things around a little bit to make them easier to find. I'll just go back through everything again, which also means we won't have duplicates hopefully.

I care less about having them in the original places than having all the files - it's somewhat difficult to find things as they are right now.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, I've sorted through the files you sent me and deduplicated and reorganised. I've tried to group related things all in one place, for example the gate valve stuff should all be under "/Hardware/Devices and Probes/Gate Valve" now. It's not perfect but it's a start. Thanks for uploading all of those - I think that's ticked most things off the list, but I haven't checked yet - that's my next task.

I've now removed these files off the fileserver here - please use the git repository at https://gitlab.com/wmtprojectsteam/rive ... ystem-docs from now on. Seeing as it has everything from your local archive of river system stuff now, it might be best to just clone this repository for easy pushing and receiving updates in the future, Terry.

I'm now going to add some notes on the forum with this new location for river system documentation.
Hamish