Water Backup Logic Development

A forum for discussion on the software for the WMT River Control System
hamishmb

Re: Water Backup Logic Development

Post by hamishmb »

Yep. I think it would probably make sense to manage the valve in Wendy butts pi, as the water is flowing via the Wendy butts (I think?) to sump pi.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote: 21/05/2022, 17:11Yep. I think it would probably make sense to manage the valve in Wendy butts pi, as the water is flowing via the Wendy butts (I think?) to sump pi.
That's right, the new algorithm will monitor the water in the Wendy Butts and if they begin to fill, the Gate Valve will be opened, the pump enabled and water will be moved from Wendy Butts to Lady Hanham Butts (and possibly Stage Butts too depending on the plumbing solution.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, makes sense.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

I think I've discovered more changes that will be needed to the code to not only accommodate the Water Backup system, but also the normal use of the system. I know from working on the hardware that we have provided a Gate Valve for each Lady Hanham Butts Group, so three in total. However, config.py only has those valves in comments (I would have expected to see them in the lh-logic-dev branch, but they aren't there either).

I will of course be adding another Valve; the Water Backup Pump Bypass Gate Valve which should be designated V13 (V6 to V9 inclusive have been reserved for the Matrix Pump, which may yet come to fruition). So when I modify config.py, should I leave it as is for the moment and let you modify it and merge the changes when you look at Patrick's Lady Hanham Code, or would it be simpler all round to make the changes now and you merge my bits before Patrick's?

There are some parts of the comments in config.py that also need fixing. For example the Lady Hanham kit is listed as the Railway Room Kit and I think, with hindsight, that we should add a comment to the entry for each valve that indicates what it's for. (I know all that is in the header comments and docs, but it is also helpful to have the information adjacent to the code.

Thoughts?
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I'll merge your bits before Patrick's I think, but the order doesn't matter - I'll fix any merge conflicts either way.

Changing the terminology and adding extra comments seems fine and a good idea, but leave the Hanham valves to me.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Ok.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Also I'd maybe suggest working on the Wendy logic etc on another new branch - that way I can test and merge your sump pi logic next week and we can test it on site independently of the rest more easily
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Ok
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

After the strategy discussion at viewtopic.php?p=5944#p5944, I have produced a draft function for the Wendy Butts to Upstream Butts routine.

I have just pushed it and created a merge request.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

It seems the merge request failed! I'll have to look at this after lunch.
Terry