March 2022 onwards - River System Status

Sub-forum to hold river system status topics
Penri

Re: March 2022 onwards - River System Status

Post by Penri »

Terry

I'll have to take a look at the probe as it physically sits in the barrel. I'm due to take a stroll over shortly so will report back later.

If I recall correctly the Wendy Butts we full on Tuesday, this week, with the max. microswitch enabled (ie measuring a max.).

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri wrote: 22/05/2022, 9:29If I recall correctly the Wendy Butts we full on Tuesday, this week, with the max. microswitch enabled (ie measuring a max.).
Useful to know, except that I had a major upheaval of my PC OS a few days ago, which amongst other things broke my VPN Client functionality. The author is away until next Wednesday, so I don't hold out much hope of being able to read the logs until then.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I think for the Wendy butts we just use the float switch to determine then they are full - so we can literally fill them to the brim.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote: 22/05/2022, 11:08I think for the Wendy butts we just use the float switch to determine then they are full - so we can literally fill them to the brim.
Yes. However, when we are pumping water out of the Wendy Butts it's also important to know when they are empty so we don't run the pump dry. The water levels logic should do that, as it does in the Sump, but if we have the 'Empty' Float Switch, we should use it.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

TerryJC wrote: 22/05/2022, 9:33Useful to know, except that I had a major upheaval of my PC OS a few days ago, which amongst other things broke my VPN Client functionality. The author is away until next Wednesday, so I don't hold out much hope of being able to read the logs until then.
Our friend across the pond has spotted the unexpected change (working on his phone) and I now have VPN access again.

Back to the levels. According to the logs, the Float Switch in the Wendy Butts registered full at 10:36 UTC and the Probe measurement was 925 mm at that time.

Having said that, the maximum level is a bit irrelevant because if the Sump Water Backup logic is working, then the SumpPi will turn off the Butts Pump at that point and any additional water will have come down from the Lady Hanham and / or Stage Butts. There is nothing we can do about that except let it overflow.

Any thoughts on that?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

If everything is full then it will have to overflow somewhere, each butts group will, unless it has it already, a physical overflow at just below the tops of the barrels.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Aren't we pumping water upwards towards the hanham butts when the backup logic is running? If so, overflowing the wendy butts from stage and hanham doesn't make sense. I'm a bit confused, Terry.

Maybe we should be calling this the storage logic or similar as well; "backup" doesn't seem to have much meaning here.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

This discussion should probably be in the other thread anyway - we probably already need a new river system status thread after all this!
Hamish