(up to August 19th 2019) River System status

Sub-forum to hold river system status topics
TerryJC

Re: River System status

Post by TerryJC »

Here are this morning's Readings.

I've had a quick look at the files. I can't actually see any anomalies, in fact, it looks like the system had (correctly) turned off the circulation pump because of lack of water in the sump.

The system came right again about the time that Penri rebooted, as the water level rose.

Maybe someone else can spot another reason why it all went wrong?
Attachments
2019-06-25_Results&Logs.zip
(444.14 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

I looked the rivercontrolsystem log at around 09:00 UCT and onward for a few minutes. it reported insufficient water in Wendy House butts, but the universalmonitor log shows 400mm at this time
The rivercontrolsystem log reports sump level varying between 300 and 275 (with a couple of anomalies) and valve being at 25% but this is not recorded on the gatevalvemonitor log.

Both rivercontrolsystem and gatevalvemonitor logs appear to stop at 07:30 'ish this morning.

If I'm right in reading the rivercontrolsystem log the soft reset was around 09:19 log time, I reported doing in at 10:29 as per the earlier entry in this thread.

After the soft reset the whole river system appears to behave normally although I can't find any logs or .csv files apart from those for the sump.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I think the gate valve situation would have occurred when only that was restarted before - the Sockets code hasn't been tested well in that scenario yet, and I know bugs remain in it for the time being.

It's worth bearing in mind that the system time goes out of sync after a while - what appears to be happening at a specific time might not be at that specific time, unfortunately.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Attached are today's readings and logs. Everything seemed fine, so I didn't restart the pis or clear the files, figuring it best to leave them alone for a bit.
Attachments
Readings & Logs 2019-06-27.tar.gz
(173.44 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

GateValvr RPi showing no activity again, other RPi ok. Sump reporting 53C WButtPi 43C.
Did a soft reboot on all, each one now reporting in normally..
River status ok.
Penri

Post by Penri »

When I topped up river this morning the butts pump failed to turn on, WendyButts we’re only half full and sump float was floating. I soft reset all RPis, things appear to have returned to normal.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Attached are the readings I took this morning before we started work on the system.

I've only had a very brief look, but all seems fine.
Attachments
Logs&Readings-2019-07-09.tar.gz
(889.01 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Here are the readings I took this morning. All seems fine except that we apparently forgot to wiggle the Wendy Butts probe - it was reading 0 until the river was topped up this morning. I'll post about this elsewhere with an idea I have to fix it.

I also observed the butts pump come on during startup, and then turn back off as Penri previously described. This should now be fixed in the latest version of the software.
Attachments
Logs&Readings-2019-07-11.tar.gz
(274.87 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote: 11/07/2019, 12:04Here are the readings I took this morning. All seems fine except that we apparently forgot to wiggle the Wendy Butts probe - it was reading 0 until the river was topped up this morning. I'll post about this elsewhere with an idea I have to fix it.
We need to do something about that because as we get more and more probes and more Pis' we'll end up having to run around like blue-***** flies to trigger readings every time we have a power failure or reset.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

River system ok’ish today, ran until about 15:00 at acceptable levels, when it dipped below around 200 mm main pump stopped but Gate Valve had not opened. I gave each probe a tweak to no effect. I tried soft resets on Gate Valve, then the Sump Pi, with probe shaking, no change. I then tried soft restarts on all Pis with probe shaking, still nothing. So finally. Hard restart with probe shaking and we appear to be up and running.