(up to August 19th 2019) River System status

Sub-forum to hold river system status topics
hamishmb

Re: River System status

Post by hamishmb »

Yes, I was thinking that about the hardware as well, especially seeing that the new probes have been far more reliable in general.

I'll keep working on my unit tests, and hopefully I will find something relating to the probes that answers these questions. If not, Terry's extended test of the probe might help as well.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

I’m at WMT transferring water from Wendy Butts, I’ve notes that the Gate Valve RPi is inactive on the new app we put on my phone. Shall I try re-starting it?
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

By 'inactive', I presume that you mean the CPU is not showing any activity. If that is actually true, then you won't be able to restart it (other than by a power cycle) because it is effectively unavailable to you.

If you are able to restart it, but the CPU seems dead, may just be an anomaly of the iOS App.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

All the lights are on in the valve but no activity on the app. Other RPi ok.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

So what happens if you touch 'Restart Pi'?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Restarted RPi ok, now showing activity.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I think that was probably the App, rather than the Pi. If you were able to restart the Pi using the App, then the Pi must have been active in order to respond to the restart command. The only way to remotely restart the Pi is to issue the command 'sudo reboot now' over the SSH connection that your App must be using. The Pi has to parse that command in order to execute it.

It will be interesting to see if this recurs.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

It will also be interesting to see how the framework handles a restart of only one pi. Does it seem to be responding ie opening and closing as required?
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

The water level is ok, WMT is currently fairly full of visitors and I’m away over the weekend so I’m not going to force the river into a state it may take a while to recover from.
Penri

Post by Penri »

Sump water level low, circulation pump off. I soft restarted all RPis, gate valve opened and topped up sump, circulation pump restarted.