Winter Workshop 21/22

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
Penri

Re: Winter Workshop 21/22

Post by Penri »

Morning

Yesterday the bulk of the wiring for the up-stream pump / by-pass valve was completed:
  • Ethernet drop from Big Switch patch panel to by-pass valve
  • 12V DC feed from Big Switch enclosure to by-pass valve
  • Up stream pump control SSR located in Wendy Butts SAC
  • Switched mains feed from SSR to up-stream pump
Remaining to be done:
Run main feed for the SSR from the Big Switch enclosure to the Wendy Butts SAC. Then went we're ready to trial the sub-system make the necessary connections within the Big Switch enclosure and Wendy Butts SAC, I didn't want to leave the SSR, pump and valve "live".

I also re-plumbed the by-pass valve back in place after completing the repair.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, good to know.

My current task is reorganising the river control system documentation, as we have lost some of it, and I'll need it for the rest of the work. Once I've done that, I can test and if needed fix Terry's Sump Pi Water Backup logic, and then go from there.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

This morning:
Reconnected the electrical interface to the solenoid.
Re-applied 12V power to the Hanham Butts valve which I had powered down a couple of week ago, all parts of Hanham Butts sub-system are up and ready to go.

I discovered that the Stage Butts SAC was not receiving any 12V power, suspect a cable break but I will diagnose and fix on Thursday.

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Stage Butts SAC now up and running.

Leak to sort out next week in Stage Butts connection to Stage Butts valve.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, so that means all the pis are now powered up again?
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

All Pi up bar the one in the back-up valve.
Penri

Post by Penri »

The leak between the Stage Butts and Stage Butts valve has been eliminated.

Plumbing wise the water system is all together. With the exception of the back-up valve and pump all electrical and network connections are live and available.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Cool. No rush on getting those two connected and powered up - I think I'll do the temporary top up logic for the Hanham butts first.

As always, it turns out 17 other things need doing first so it will likely be a while, especially with my uni starting up for the final time fairly soon. I will hopefully have it all done by the end of the year though.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Morning
Is there any way you chaps can open the Hanham valves so we can share the rainwater amongst all the butts in that location?
wmtprojectsforum
Amministratore

Post by wmtprojectsforum »

Penri,

I should be able to do it using the hardware Unit Test Software. I will have to kill the running riversystemcontrol code in each Gate Valve Pi, so that I can run the 'gate_valve.py' program. However, I wouldn't then be able to restart the riversystemcontrol until the water is transferred at the earliest.

Are you on site, so that we can ensure that everything is proceeding as it should?