Winter Workshop 21/22

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
Penri

Winter Workshop 21/22

Post by Penri »

The Hanham building will be, in all likelihood, re-clad this winter, plus have some restructuring done to the south facing wall. All this is to address and arrest the general deterioration of the structure.

In order to facilitate this it will be necessary to remove the water butts, together with all the sensing and control components plus the wiring run across the east face of the building (ethernet and camera feeds). Then put is all back together again.

Currently quotes are being sought for the building work but the removal and reinstallation of the butts etc. will be done by volunteers as I don't thing we can trust people unfamiliar with the things we have made and installed to carry out that work.

We have not commissioned this part of the system yet but as the components are being removed it would be a good idea to clean and check out each part.

I will post a further update when I have some more news, in the meantime can you let me know if you would be happy to check out and retest and values, etc.
TerryJC

Re: Winter Workshop 21/22

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

I am quite happy to do unit tests on the Lady Hanham SAC and the three Gate Valves. Have I missed anything?
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Wow that sounds expensive!

I will happily help with the groundwork if needed. I can probably do one day a week, depending on other workloads.

Now may be a good time to improve the weather protection for the gate valves I guess, if we're taking them all out anyway. I was hoping to deploy Patrick's Temporary top up code but perhaps that's best for another time then. Oh well, there's plenty of other software work and refactoring to be done.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

The stuff I'll be removing will be the SAC, 3 gate valves, 3 depth measuring probes, 3 max/min sensors and the solenoid for adding mains water. I'll do the cleaning then it will be a question of trying them out.

I envisage working 4 mornings a week at WMT from the close of the season to Christmas so I don't think I'll be able to do anything technical until the other work I have scheduled is squared away.

The stuff I'll be removing forms a complete sub-system, requiring only mains electricity for power and an ethernet connection for control so we could test deploy Patrick's code and make sure it works before we re-integrate, plus sub-system test the lot if that makes sense.

I haven't got this work programmed in yet but will advise when I have.

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Mm, doing a test deployment might be a good idea. First off I have to review and check my understanding of the code anyhow, so there's certainly no rush.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Actually, when is all this stuff coming out? I might be able to deploy it before then.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hamish

As I said earlier in the thread its not scheduled in yet but it will be, at the very least, after the 18th November.

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, excellent, thanks :)
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Are the Lady hanham pis and gate valve meant to be powered on right now? I just tried to remote in to update them but they seem to be down.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

Penri has removed them to allow the Lady Hanham building work to go ahead. I will be collecting them later this week or early next week for re-installation after the renovations have been completed. I can update them while they're here.

The current schedule has that happening in the New Year.

Only the Sump, Wendy and Stage Pis are on at the moment.
Terry