Temporary Top Up logic

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
hamishmb

Re: Temporary Top Up logic

Post by hamishmb »

The Engineer GUI is written in PHP, but additions to it should be fairly easy to make. I'd focus on getting the river system side of it working first using phpmyadmin to mess with the database, and then once you know what needs doing, I'll sort out the GUI. I wanted to make some improvements for it anyway.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

I think we're at crossed purposes here, I need a way of manually commanding the S/W controlling the SSRs and solenoid in order to fault find the issues we appear to have with the hardware.
When I requested the facility neither the mains water solenoid feeding the Hanham butts nor the Wendy butts pump were working as required.
The SSR controlling the pump works because I can manually throw a switch to turn it on so the problem lies somewhere in the control circuitry / I/F wiring. To diagnose that issue it would greatly benefit me in being able to command the S/W control myself as I probe for a signal.
Similarly the solenoid worked when I tested it with a power supply but not when Patrick commanded it remotely.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Both of these things can be fairly easily arranged :)
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Marvellous, thank you.
PatrickW

Post by PatrickW »

I have finished writing and testing the manual override feature in the control logic for the Sump Pi and the Lady Hanham Pi. This accepts commands issued via the database on the NAS. It's currently in the branch 'manual-control-dev' on GitLab, pending acceptance into 'master'. It's been tested with unit tests and manually on virtual machines.

Assuming no further issues arise with the logic, it now remains to write the accompanying GUI that will issue the commands into the database to activate or deactivate the overrides.

Hamish, I think you have particular ideas about how to do the GUI, so I await your advice. I get the impression that you intend to write the GUI, although I am prepared to attempt it myself if you don't have time.

I would suggest that, alongside the controls to apply an override, the GUI should provide some indication of the expected latency before the command is actioned. i.e. it should say that it could take up to a minute before anything physically happens.

If possible, it would be nice if the GUI could show the auto-updating current status and current action of the control logic, next to the override controls. I know that information is already available in the GUI, but having it on the same page as the controls would be convenient. For the solenoid at least, this would provide some indication as to whether and when the override was applied, because that logic indicates "IdleState" when the solenoid is off and "FillingState" when it is on.
Penri

Post by Penri »

This all sounds very positive, thank you.

Penri