General discussion

A subforum for discussion of the mobile visitor GUI, which will form part of Hamish's dissertation.

Please note: This does NOT replace the Canford visitor GUI, and will not share code as the platform and display will necessarily be quite different to make it fit on the screen of a mobile device.
hamishmb

General discussion

Post by hamishmb »

I have been informed that to avoid the (apparently not very clever) automated plagiarism detection software flagging my work, it would be wise not to post the source code publicly until after the module is finished. I will still share the code privately with you for testing though if you desire.

I should also apparently keep myself as the copyright owner until after the module finishes, at which point I'll hand copyright over to WMT.

Is this okay?
Hamish
Penri

Re: General discussion

Post by Penri »

Yes, fine by me.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Oh, I've also been told that I should keep all our optional ideas on the table, and probably in the requirements document (under a separate designation perhaps), so that if I get stuck with something, I can move on to another feature and still complete enough work for the module.

In the fullness of time, I'd then obviously go back and fix whatever deficiency there was to make the project suitable for WMT. Does this seem okay to all of you as well?
Last edited by hamishmb on 05/02/2021, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Very sensible idea.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

All good for me.

BTW. I wasn't subscribed to this Topic apparently, even though I've been subscribed to the parent.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I asked my tutor for some clarification on whether I'm allowed ideas and feedback from you, just to make sure we all know what we can and can't do. He's said that project ideas and suggestions are fine, as long as I keep track of what was suggested.

Semi-joint documents like the requirements document are also fine, as long as it's clear which bit I've changed and people are cited - which we've done.

So to summarise, everything we're doing is fine, but just keep the discussions here on the forum so I can reference and cite you later if/when I need to :)
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Received and understood.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Terry,

I was wondering if you eventually deployed your Flask application for the minster bells on top of Apache or Nginx or something else. Just starting to look at options for this.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

I used nginx, as for the main WMT Audio Guide and Quiz Webserver.

BTW. I wasn't notified of your post, even though I subscribed last month as mentioned above.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Thanks.

Hmm, hopefully checking your notification settings will help, but if not maybe check manually from time to time and I'll email around if needed?
Hamish