Integrating the Stage and Lady Hanham Butts Devices into the System

Sub-forum to hold jobs lists
TerryJC

Re: Integrating the Stage and Lady Hanham Butts Devices into the System

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote: 13/08/2020, 10:21I guess we can also mark the config.py note above as done. Looks like step 3 is now done, as well as 10, seeing as the hanham gate valves are powered now.
Done.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

NB (just noticed this): Do we want to remove Sump Pi's RTC? I thought we were keeping this synced with the NAS box to use as a fallback if the NAS box goes down?
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Yes.But not until the NAS Box is in. :-)
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I don't remember anything about keeping it in sync. I'm not sure how we would do it.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Just using the SyncTime thread I wrote a while back for the others. I've just adapted it slightly so all the pis try to sync with the NAS box, then fall back to Sump Pi, and Sump Pi only tries to sync with the NAS box, if that makes sense.

Maybe we didn't actually decide to keep it, I'm unsure now. Either way, we can remove it safely without causing any problems even with the slight software changes.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Ok. I see now.

If it's there, then we should keep it; at least until the RTC hardware pops its clogs!
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

I'll pop into WMT sometime between now and when I set off, particularly if we get some more rain to see how things look "on the ground".

Since we made the limit change and despite the continuing 25 and 75 readings the system is working very reliably, which is excellent news.

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

This morning I deployed the NAS box, with the rest of the system continuing to operate independently for the moment, as we planned.

I observed the following:
  • The wiring on the shelf for the NAS box is a bit of a mess :lol:. I'm a bit concerned about cables getting caught and pulled out. How can we fix this?
  • The NAS box came up, and the software is running.
  • Terry and I confirmed that VPN and SSH access to the NAS box is working.
  • I have confirmed that the NAS box can access the internet so I can update the software as and when we need to.
  • I have confirmed that my solution for transferring files off the NAS box using the built-in HTTP server is working.
All seems to be good, so I believe this can be marked as done, and we are now ready to integrate the rest of the system with the NAS box next week.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote: 19/08/2020, 11:50All seems to be good, so I believe this can be marked as done, and we are now ready to integrate the rest of the system with the NAS box next week.
Done.
Terry