Integrating the Stage and Lady Hanham Butts Devices into the System

Sub-forum to hold jobs lists
TerryJC

Re: Integrating the Stage and Lady Hanham Butts Devices into the System

Post by TerryJC »

I believe so. There is nothing more that I can do to the installed Pis, until the Stage Butts Gate Valve is brought online at Step 10.

I'm now going to look into repairing the Pis that my faulty Monitor broke.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Excellent, everything is going as planned :)

https://youtu.be/Bly1M4VFoVk for Palpatine :lol:
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, I have successfully updated the software to commit:

Code: Select all

74bc74286c63d92af72251dffcbbdbfff18cb709 Fix testing mode (broken by changes to i2c device management) (15 July 2020)
Note that I patched this commit to include our new limits for the hall effect probes.

It took a little bit longer than expected as I had to install the "python3-psutil" and "python3-mysqldb" packages, as I didn't realise they weren't present, and I made some modifications to .bashrc on the V1, V2, and V3 gate valves as the ID being used was incorrect.

All the river system pis are now talking to sump pi, and all seems to be working as expected. Whenever Penri is next in I'll be happy to update the software to the latest commit on master.

Attached are the latest readings and logs from Sump Pi. NB: You can find the voltage debugging notes by searching for: "Voltages (in order):"
Attachments
ReadingsandLogs-2020-08-11.tar.gz
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

The Sump still seems to be exhibiting the same problem with readings oscillating between values in the hundreds and values in the 10s. The Wendy Butts seem very stable in comparison and the Stage Butts also seem fairly stable, although I did see one reading marked as '0'.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Everything was fine when I left at lunchtime, which is excellent news. The river system has been a lot more stable since we made the limits change but I'm still perplexed by the voltage readings recorded, I will make the change to the sump probe after I'm back from my week away.

One question, do the voltage measurement recorded always show the same measurement channel order, ie is it always A/D channel 1 first followed by 2,3 and 4?

I'm next in on Thursday 13th.
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, I'll update us the rest of the way tomorrow then. 9:30 again?

Yes, the voltages are always in that order.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hamish

I'll be at WMT tomorrow and ready for 09:30.

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay guys, we are now fully up to date with master and on commit:

Code: Select all

322a9267d0c14076e4ff93df1e0de03ac01750e3 Add new probe limits for all hall effect probes (04 Aug 2020)
Everything seems to be running well. I guess after Penri gets back from his holiday we can deploy the NAS box :) This also gives me time to finalise everything with the NAS box and merge the use-database branch into master.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Excellent news!

We should regularly download the Readings and Logs, so we can get an idea of how well the system is performing. Perhaps at least twice between now and Penri's return?

If so, I'll do it on Sunday and Wednesday.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

That sounds fair.

I guess we can also mark the config.py note above as done. Looks like step 3 is now done, as well as 10, seeing as the hanham gate valves are powered now.
Hamish