SITE MAP

A forum to organise work carried out by Canford School students
TerryJC

Re: SITE MAP

Post by TerryJC »

Aman,

I suspect that Penri is busy this morning. To give yourself something to go on, I suggest that you have a look at the official Wimborne Model Town website (http://www.wimborne-modeltown.com/) which gives a few general views of the site.

However, I didn't find many useful pictures on the site, although there is a Facebook page which has quite a few pics on it. I also found this (https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a2/1c/01/a21c ... cf5fe7.jpg), which gives a better view of the whole thing.

Obviously you will want to make the drawing a simple as is reasonably possible, so rather than try to reproduce the Pinterest image, you might like to look for a picture that shows a view from the Nave end (the right hand tower) and much less of the rest of the building. However, if you can get the two towers in somehow, that would make it immediately recognisable.

Hope this helps.
Terry
Aman

Post by Aman »

Is this good; i added two towers to the minster
Attachments
wimborne model map v 4.docx
(979.79 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Aman,

Not quite. If you look at the Pinterest image that I showed you, you will see that one of the towers is at the Nave end of the Minster and the other is halfway along. If you view it from the Nave end, you would only see the tower and you wouldn't see the roof line; you only see that if you look at the Minster from a diagonal aspect.

I suggest that you have a look at YouTube, which might give you some better views of the Minster. If not, then maybe Penri will be able to take a suitable picture and post it for you.

BTW. Did you look at the example maps that Penri posted?
Terry
Aman

Post by Aman »

yes i looked at them- what else do you think i should add to mine?
Aman

Post by Aman »

is this better?
Attachments
wimborne model map v 4.docx
(979.81 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Aman,

I think what Penri is alluding to is the style of the things. They provide a very easy to read view of the site, wherever it is.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Aman wrote: 15/06/2020, 12:26is this better?
It is, but the two towers are in line when viewed from the end of the Minster. As I suggested, please have a look at the views on the various sites that I suggested or wait until Penri has had a chance to respond.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello again,

Apologies for late reply I've been rather tied up with other stuff today.

Aman, when you first posted the Minster sketch/icon I said I liked the style, but the modification you've made are making it look less like the Minster not more like it. Let's put that to one side for the moment and see if we can try something a little easier.

I've attach a photograph of the front view of the model Wesleyan Chapel, this is the view most visitors see of it, at least to start with. Superficially it's not too far from the original sketch you suggested for the Minster, can you see if you can modify that original to more closely look like the photograph while maintaining the style of the original. You will need to modify the icon itself to do that, if you don't have the software tools available to achieve that modification then please say so as I think you will be wasting your time.
IMG_1329.jpeg
IMG_1329.jpeg (4.37 MiB) Viewed 1264 times
I'll post something on the locations of buildings shortly.

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

... back again

Please find attached a modified version of the simplified river system map with the location of the sites large buildings added.
Water system v03.jpg
Water system v03.jpg (341.81 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
I hope this clarifies the layout.

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello Aman

I'm being doing some playing around with drawing software, Affinity Designer in my case, but any vector drawing app would probably work, I took this photo from the web:
Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 22.23.12.png
Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 22.23.12.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1260 times
then traced around the outlines a bit and created this:
Minster v01.jpg
Minster v01.jpg (210.5 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
I did the same thing for the Quarterjack, which is a feature on the Minster, and created this:
Quarterjack v01.jpg
Quarterjack v01.jpg (219.79 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Do you think you have the software apps. or can source a free one for whatever PC you have and have a go at doing the same thing with the photograph of the Wesleyan chapel I posted earlier on this forum?

Stay safe

Penri