Post by Aman »

This is the map that i made for the river system
Attachments
wimbourne model village map .docx
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
TerryJC

Re: SITE MAP

Post by TerryJC »

Thanks Aman. I'll let Penri et al comment and when we do it will be on here.

BTW. I notice that in MS Teams you use your full name, but on here you are using an alias. I assume that this is because the board took your email address prefix as your proper name. Unfortunately, this makes it quite difficult for us to work out who's who. I'm not sure that you're username can be changed by you, but I think either myself or Hamish can do it from the admin control panel. Alternatively, you can edit your profile, but it would certainly be easier for everyone if you're Username was a bit more plain.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

BTW Aman. If you click on the Spanner icon at the top or bottom of the Topic, you will be able to Subscribe to this Topic. If you scroll to the bottom of the Canford School Forum viewforum.php?f=17, you will be able to subscribe to all the Topics in the Forum.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello Aman

Thank for having a go at this task, what we're asking for is not easy to achieve. The "cartoon" drawing of the model town was by way of an example of what's been done before, it isn't necessarily a good starting point for what we want you to achieve for the water system.

I've attached a simplified plan view of Wimborne Model Town, taken from a survey we have done last year. By simplified I mean I've removed all the fine detail and left just the outline of the main features in the town. Hopefully you will be able to match this up with the other images of the model town you have and work out what's what.

Depending on the drawing applications you have, you can experiment with this as a starting point and see where it takes you.

Good luck

Penri
Attachments
Town plan.jpg
Town plan.jpg (475.16 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Aman,

I have seen your query in Teams via the alert email. However I don't have Teams on my mobile phone, so I would have to restart my desktop computer to respond. In any case my Guest status in Teams limits what I can do.

I think that I can fix your username for you. What would you like it to be? Aman or your full name.

I'll fix it tomorrow.
Terry
Aman

Post by Aman »

Aman is fine
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Done.
Terry
Aman

Post by Aman »

I am a bit confused as to how to approach the map; like I don't really know what i am trying to create?
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Aman,

Can I suggest that you wait a little for Penri to come back? On Monday he said that he was going to try to make the map a bit easier to interpret (and you will recall that even I said that I found it difficult to orient myself to the map).

The purpose of the map is to allow both Visitors and Staff to identify the different parts of the River System and view the states of each element through the use of animated icons laid on top. Clearly, there needs to be a bit more information on the map to do that, but you won't be able to do that until you've been given a better insight into the layout of the WMT>
Terry
Aman

Post by Aman »

ok cool