Integration To-do List - Started May 2020

Sub-forum to hold jobs lists
hamishmb

Re: Integration To-do List - Started May 2020

Post by hamishmb »

NB: Does this list need an update? It'd be useful for me to know where we are now with some of these things.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

I'm sure it does; not least because Penri has done quite a bit of work over the lockdown period and we now want to deploy software that may or may not have been on the original list.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

My input to the original list would be:

Install Ethernet switch in Model Railway store room to route traffic to Hanham SAC - will be completed when VPN server is reinstalled

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

... and:

General Maintenance
Fix Leaks. - lowest section of river channel treated with G4 pond sealer and voids under bridge nearest sump coated with SRB / cement mix. water loss is still evident but cause currently unclear. Crack in river bed wall near bog garden fixed with Sika 610. Behaviour of control system as it is occasionally appears strange, have not reported it up till now as NAS based solution will replace the current implementation in due course plus any irregularities are being dealt with manually.
Replace damaged piping or storage as necessary. - failed pipework in Lady Hanham butts farm replaced, no further problems seen since.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Done and Done see viewtopic.php?p=3204#p3204.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Notes:

Convert the Software Framework to utilise the database in the NAS Box. - Done
If possible, a very simple S/W I/F to allow Penri to see system status in "real time", nothing fancy. - Done
Update all deployed SD Cards to the latest Raspbian - Done
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

That all sounds good, well done.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Master list updated.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

This begs the question; what order should we undertake the remaining tasks?

At this moment we have the Stage Butts SAC and Gate Valve physically deployed but not running. Similarly we have the Lady Hanham Butts SAC and Gate Valves physically deployed but not running. Do we want to bring them on line using the existing software and then deploy the NAS Box or do we want to deploy the NAS Box against the three fully deployed devices and then bring the Stage and Lady Hanham devices on board later?

To add to the choices, we could bring the two SACs into the system, running the existing software, but monitoring only, while we roll out the NAS Box step-by-step.

Is there another approach? Once we have decided, I'll update the master list to reflect the approach agreed.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

I’d like to get all the probes and float switches up and running so we can use them to view levels and prove the associated parts of the network.
Then the NAS (with engineering i/f) monitoring.
Then rolling out the control side.