Integration To-do List - Started May 2020

Sub-forum to hold jobs lists
TerryJC

Integration To-do List - Started May 2020

Post by TerryJC »

With the enforced shut-down, I feel that there is a danger that some tasks may be forgotten, so I think that it would be a good idea to have a To-do List. However, we need to keep the list 'live' and preferably at the top of the Topic.

I am able to edit all my own posts on this forum and that privilege never seems to be withdrawn, so if people have items to add to the list or notifications of work completed or progressed, they should add a comment below and I will update the list accordingly. We will then end up with the List remaining at the top, with a long trail of comments as work progresses.

This list is current on 2020-05-07. Not necessarily in order:

Electrical & Electronic Hardware
  • Reintegrate the Stage Butts SAC removed when the Butts platform was replaced. Mostly Done. The Stage Butts SAC has been screwed to the fence, as before, and the depth probe, max/min float switch and Ethernet cable connectors plugged in and secured to the base of the SAC, 12V supply not plugged in but it's coiled up ready to go.
  • Reinstall the Stage Butts Gate Valve into the system. Mostly Done. Cables made; Ethernet connected to patch panel connector 13 and 12V dc cable wired into dc distribution block. Valve end connectors of both cables bagged and placed in valve assembly ready for connection.
  • Install the V1 Gate Valve behind Lady Hanham Building. Mostly Done. installed in water system and electrical connection made to Hanham SAC box, which is currently not powered up. All valves manually opened and left in that state. Water butts partially filled to check for leaks, none evident.
  • Install the V2 Gate Valve behind Lady Hanham Building. Ditto.
  • Install the V3 Gate Valve behind Lady Hanham Building. Ditto.
  • Install the Gazebo SAC.
  • Install the NAS Box.
  • Install Ethernet switch in Model Railway store room to route traffic to Hanham SAC - Done
  • Install the Gazebo Gate Valve.
  • Install the PWM Driver PCB into the Sump electronics Box or where appropriate.
  • Install Flow Sensors. (We don't have any which work right now.)
Software
  • Update all deployed SD Cards to the latest Raspbian and to use the latest Software Framework version. Done.
  • Convert the Software Framework to utilise the database in the NAS Box. Done.
  • Add software enhancements to allow Stage Butts measurements to be used to control the Stage Butts Gate Valve.
  • Add software enhancements to allow Lady Hanham Butts measurements to be used control the Lady Hanham Butts Gate Valves.
  • Add software enhancements to use PWM to control the speed of the Recirculation Pump.
  • Develop the Visitor GUI (Canford students).
  • Integrate the Visitor GUI into the Webserver.
  • Enhance the Visitor GUI to add staff access and control.
  • If possible, a very simple S/W I/F to allow Penri to see system status in "real time", nothing fancy. Done.
Plumbing & Water Storage
  • Re-build Stage Butts barrel farm together with plumbing and reconnect to system - Done. The Stage Butts are re-assembled, plumbed in and partially filled with water to test for leaks, of which none were evident.
  • Install H bridge pump assembly with plumbing and control at rear of Wendy House
  • Obtain two further barrels to complete the Gazebo butts farm, then procure and install plumbing.
  • Run additional piping as necessary.
General Maintenance
  • Fix Leaks. - lowest section of river channel treated with G4 pond sealer and voids under bridge nearest sump coated with SRB / cement mix. water loss is still evident but cause currently unclear. Crack in river bed wall near bog garden fixed with Sika 610. Behaviour of control system as it is occasionally appears strange, have not reported it up till now as NAS based solution will replace the current implementation in due course plus any irregularities are being dealt with manually.
  • Replace damaged piping or storage as necessary. - failed pipework in Lady Hanham butts farm replaced, no further problems seen since.
Last edited by TerryJC on 27/07/2020, 10:22, edited 9 times in total.
Terry
hamishmb

Re: Integration To-do List - Started May 2020

Post by hamishmb »

Sounds good. Do we need extra hardware for PWM pump control? This should be relatively easy to add if not. I know we talked about it before, but I don't remember how we were going to do it.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I have the PWM Driver Board in my WMT Bits drawer here. Penri gave it to me very early on and after research and some experimentation we worked out what was needed to make it work. Since then, it has been on the back burner. We may well decide that it's not really needed because the current system seems to work OK.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I see, makes sense. Oh yeah, I remember I looked at wiringpi and stuff. Yeah, let's do the other stuff first.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Good list, I've added somethings I need to do, or would dearly like, in italic:

Not necessarily in order:

Hardware
Re-build Stage Butts barrel farm together with plumbing and reconnect to system.
Reintegrate the Stage Butts SAC removed when the Butts platform was replaced.
Reinstall the Stage Butts Gate Valve into the system - The Stage gate valve is physically installed in the water system, need to check electrical and control status. Plus it need the Stage Butts built and plumbed in to allow it to provide water.
Install the V1 Gate Valve behind Lady Hanham Building.
Install the V2 Gate Valve behind Lady Hanham Building.
Install the V3 Gate Valve behind Lady Hanham Building.
Obtain two further barrels to complete the Gazebo butts farm, then procure and install plumbing.
Install the Gazebo SAC.
Install the NAS Box.
Install Ethernet switch in Model Railway store room to route traffic to Hanham SAC
Install the Gazebo Gate Valve.
Install the PWM Driver PCB into the Sump electronics Box or where appropriate.
Install Flow Sensors. - we don't have any which work right now
Install H bridge pump assembly with plumbing and control at rear of Wendy House

Software
Update all deployed SD Cards to use the latest Software Framework version. (Should the latest Raspbian Version be installed?)
Convert the Software Framework to utilise the database in the NAS Box.
Add software enhancements to allow Stage Butts measurements to be used to control the Stage Butts Gate Valve.
Add software enhancements to allow Lady Hanham Butts measurements to be used control the Lady Hanham Butts Gate Valves.
Add software enhancements to use PWM to control the speed of the Recirculation Pump.
Implement "on re-start unknown water level - Max/Min float switch" functionality.
Develop the Visitor GUI (Canford students).
Integrate the Visitor GUI into the Webserver.
Enhance the Visitor GUI to add staff access and control.
Other
If possible, please, can we (I) have a very simple S/W I/F to allow me to see system status in "real time", nothing fancy

General Maintenance.
Fix Leaks.
Run additional piping as necessary.

It's probably implied in the above list but the Lady Hanham depth measurement system for G1 - 3 plus Max/Min float switch functionality needs commissioning on the system live.

Stay safe

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK.

I think I've worked out a way to keep the To-Do List at the top of the Topic. I am able to edit all my own posts on this forum and that privilege never seems to be withdrawn.

So if people have items to add to the list or notifications of work completed or progressed, they should add a comment and I will update the list accordingly. We will then end up with the List remaining at the top, with a long trail of comments as work progresses.

Penri,

I'll edit the List later this morning to include the new items that you've proposed. Could you then please edit your post to show only those changes and we'll carry on like that.

Can anyone see anything wrong with this approach?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Sounds fine to me.

We could also do with a status topic for this year, the current one is getting very long.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri wrote: 06/05/2020, 8:33We could also do with a status topic for this year, the current one is getting very long.
I was going to suggest that.

I'll update the list in about half an hour or so; I've just finished my daily exercise :D
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Added Penri's comments.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Yes, I can build you a simple view-only interface Penri. It would make sense to do this after the NAS box is installed - otherwise I'll be re-inventing the wheel very quickly when it is. Is this for a phone? If a set of buttons to select which table to view and a simple HTML table showing the data is good enough I can have this done very quickly.
Hamish