Signing off - archived notes

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
hamishmb

Signing off - archived notes

Post by hamishmb »

Seeing as I'm signing off from working on this project, I thought it'd be useful to post the notes I was holding about a few WMT-related things.

One is about some of the software running on the webserver, and the other is about the remaining tasks for the NAS box startup scripts I eventually wished to finish. Nothing needs to be done based on these notes, but I figure it's useful to have the information up here.
Attachments
Nas box scripts to do.pdf
(14.37 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Forum webserver to note.pdf
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Hamish
hamishmb

Re: Signing off - archived notes

Post by hamishmb »

Attached are the river system software notes.
Attachments
WMT River System Software Notes.pdf
(22.16 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Forum maintenance notes:
  • Periodically it's a good idea to check if there's a new version of phpBB (the forum software) to install.
    • If you log in to the Admin Control Panel (ACP), you will be notified if there is an update.
    • There's quite a lot of documentation around about updating phpBB, but it's kind of awkward - make sure a backup has been taken first, and I will be happy to chip in with this if required.
  • It's also a good idea to check if any extensions have updates every now and then.
    • To do this, head to the extensions tab in the ACP, and check the version numbers against the latest versions of any plugins.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Seeing as I'm working on this again on a kind of ad-hoc basis, I've added these notes back to my To-Do lists.

Attached to this post are a bunch of other notes I made that I don't think I ever uploaded here, mostly on hardware devices.
Attachments
WMT notes.tar.gz
(5.08 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
Hamish