(August 19th 2019 onwards) River System Status

Sub-forum to hold river system status topics
TerryJC

Re: (August 19th 2019 onwards) River System Status

Post by TerryJC »

All of the Pis seem to be working OK, which is fairly remarkable since I haven't taken any readings or reset them for two weeks.

The latest Readings are attached. I've only taken the last three days for the Gate Valve because it is still in debug mode. I'll turn it off when I get a round tuit.
Attachments
2019-12-10_Results&Logs.zip
(5.57 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I've analysed the Gate Valve log and prior to that date the valve opening was alternating between roughly 0% and 25 %. After that date is seems to be stuck at 0%.

I initially thought that a general reset may be needed, but having analysed the Sump levels, I note that they seem to be fixed at 400 mm after the 5th and alternating between 375 mm and 400 mm prior to that date. It may not be faulty after all. The level of water in the Wendy Butts also seems to have stabilised at around 850 mm, which tends to bear this out.

It may be worth waiting a while to see what happens.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry

The water feed to the sump is currently routed from the Hanham Butts directly, the Wendy Butts and Stage Butts ball valves are both off so the levels in those groups should remain constant barring any rain or leaks (they were both full to almost overflowing when I last checked).

This morning I soft reset all the RPis but was unable to assess the impact of this on system functionality because of the inclement weather.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Did you observe anything to make you think that a general reset was needed or did you think that it was about time?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

To be honest Terry I didn't check but I'm in tomorrow morning and will take a look then.
Penri

Post by Penri »

Report of yesterday's, Saturday 14Dec19, status.

On arrival :
River was stopped with water levels at top of weirs, circulation pump off, sump full, Hanham Butts (which had been feeding sump) almost empty, Wendy and Stage butts full with respective ball valves closed. All depth measurement floats floating and both Max/Min float switches showing Max level in Wendy and Stage butts. As per my phone app: Wendy and Stage RPis reported in normally: Sump and Gate valve RPis showed connection but no activity. I have reported similar status results before and agree that if the app shows a connection to a RPi that it, the RPi, must be doing something but absolutely no activity is reported by the app.

Action 1
Closed all Hanham Butts ball valves plus ball valve connecting to Hanham Butts at back of Wendy House, opened Wendy Butts ball valve.

Action 2
Soft reset all RPis with my phone app., all came up OK with exception of Gate Valve with which I could no longer connect after reset, my app reporter that it was unable to connect to the Gate Valve RPi.. Circulation pump now on .

Action 3
Shut down all RPi with my phone app., then switches off both control boxes, taking down all RPis (plus Shelter Antenna). Waited 30-60 seconds then switched both back on. Everything power up and showed normal activity.

Action 4
I increased the speed of the circulation pump 10 and after short delay the river started flowing again. Returned circulation pump to 1.

Unfortunately/fortunately the Save the Children float decoration team then decided to start work so I went to join them and did not have time to re-check the river status after I finished.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hmmm. I thought it might have settled down...
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry

It would be really nice to know whether and when the sump probe "recovered" from reading 400mm I can't believe the sump water level was that stable, at 400mm, for that long. The probe's float was definitely floating on Saturday morning so should have been reading well above 400mm then.

If you can take another set of results this coming week I'd be grateful.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I'll be in on Tuesday.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Dropped in briefly today, Gate valve RPi would not connect to my phone app. all other RPis OK.