Maintenance Summer 2019

TerryJC

Maintenance Summer 2019

Post by TerryJC »

This Topic has been started to avoid overloading the On-site Integration Topic, which strictly speaking is complete.

Any maintenance activities carried out before the Winter Shutdown should be recorded here.
Terry
TerryJC

Re: Maintenance Summer 2019

Post by TerryJC »

After the work at the weekend and yesterday morning to repair the system, see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=125&p=2257#p2245, Penri and I had another go to repair the Traffic Signals. Unfortunately, we couldn't see how to get the correct wiring because we couldn't identify the Traffic Lights return.

I identified a minor error in the circuit diagram that I provided for the Pi side of the system, and have updated it, see below:
Underground_Railway_Circuit(V0.8).png
Underground_Railway_Circuit(V0.8).png (303.4 KiB) Viewed 800 times
As you can see, the Traffic Lights should have a common return and we found a single unlabelled black wire which we connected to pin 4 (connected internally to 16, I was using 16 for the button return). Unfortunately, the lights remained extinguished,

We also found a twisted pair of wires (red and yellow) and we thought that the yellow was a return, but when we connected it, only the red lights lit. From the circuit, that is clearly not how it should be, so we removed it. We couldn't make sense of the red wire so that will have to wait until Geoff returns.

Apart from that, the train stopped moving again and I replaced the other jumper wire. These crimps have been a real problem.

When I left, the train was working correctly, but there were no Traffic Signals.
Terry