Second Production System Interfacing Build

A forum for discussion on the WMT River Control System hardware.
TerryJC

Re: Second Production System Interfacing Build

Post by TerryJC »

Penri wrote: 10/06/2019, 13:27I don't have any Cat 5
I have the residue of the Cat 5 that I bought when we connected the Webserver to the Office Router. I don't have any Cat 5 connectors and (I believe) that the ones that you may have left are very hard to make up and make unreliable connections when you've done it.

Perhaps we should get some of these viewtopic.php?f=15&t=136.
Penri wrote: 10/06/2019, 13:27Don't know what's available on the existing switch. I still have the 16port switch plus suitable enclosure but it needs mechanical design and assembly.The enclosure is large enough to accommodate the switch, a patch panel (both of which I have) and power supply.
We will need the bigger switch to connect the Gate Valve that I'm currently building. (Unless we cascade two switches.) What kind of design effort is needed?

I'll be in tomorrow morning partly to bring in the stuff that I've completed (including the 'iffy' probe) and partly to discuss the way forward for the Software Framework with Hamish. I'll see you then.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I have a big spool of unshielded CAT 5, shall I bring it in with me?
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I have about 30 m left over from the Webserver job. That should be enough for now and it belongs to the WMT since they paid for it.
Terry