Integrating the New Wendy Street Butts Pi into the System

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
TerryJC

Integrating the New Wendy Street Butts Pi into the System

Post by TerryJC »

The '1st-off Production' Item (Wendy House Butts Pi) is working well and I have come some way towards completing the initial integration of the complete system using three Pis with a minimal subset of hardware attached. The new 'Lite' versions of the SD Cards also seem to be working well and as soon as I have completed the 'Off-site' integration I'll take the new kit and three new SD Cards to WMT to complete the process.

I am still hopeful that I can do that by tomorrow PM, but I've just hit a minor (I hope) issue with the new sockets code and am waiting for Hamish to have a look at it.

The new code is very fast compared to the old versions (no weighty desktop to load and then not use) and the logging seems to work well. The combination of improved sockets code, the 'Lite' version of Raspbian and the new hardware should make the system much more efficient and responsive.

I'll keep you posted.
Terry
Penri

Re: Integrating the New Wendy Street Butts Pi into the System

Post by Penri »

Hello Terry

If you are going to be in WMT tomorrow (Monday 13th) PM let me know and I'll be there, I have a few things to sort but should be able to get them done tomorrow morning.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

I'm still hopeful, but Hamish was unable to squash the bug. He concluded that the problem had been there all along and isn't likely to be a showstopper. If I can complete the testing tomorrow morning after shopping without any new problems then I'll be in WMT at around 2.

If so I'll post about lunch time.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

I've just got back from shopping, so there's a good chance that I'll make it this afternoon. One thing. The Probe that I have isn't fitted with the concrete sinker. I assume that you have one?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry

My plan was to slip the electronic elements of the probe you have into the tube and sinker currently in the Wendy House butts, I’ll also need the re-wire the connection cable from the probe to the control box. Shouldn’t take more that 10minutes to achieve, all being well.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK.

I'll keep you posted on when I'll arrive.

It'll take me longer than 10 minutes though; I have to swap the electronics board in the IP65 Box.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I've just confirmed that the system is working OK on my home system. I have to have lunch and pack everything I'm going to need yet, but I should be able to make it by around 1400.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Would it be useful for me to come as well? I can bring my laptop and be ready to diagnose and fix any additional issues we may encounter if needed.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

That would be great if you can!

I'll see you later.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

BTW.

You probably don't need to be there by 1400, since I've got to fix the new hardware in place first. That's likely to take at least 30 minutes or so.
Terry