Re: On-site Integration

Post by peter »

Hi Terry
OK lets try that

Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I've just returned from WMT having installed the new software. This now has the run-time delays discussed and I've also turned the wick up a bit to make sure that the train can get moving more easily.

On arrival, I was informed that Peter had been in and done some more work, including removing yet another carriage. As a result, I was unable to test the new software when the train was sluggish. It was working OK when I got there and I was unable to discern if the longer delays made any difference, since it never missed a Sensor (apart from A of course).
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

Terry
I shall be there Thursday am and will re-instate coach and see how it works

Peter
peter

Post by peter »

Hi Terry
Have been in this morning and replaced the carriage to run a 3 coach train
needs 4 - 5 runs to get a full there and back sequence but it does work
tried it with just 2 coaches and the sequence operated after 2 runs

I think we must see how it operates over the next weekend and holiday period

Regards
Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Peter,

I'm not sure what is happening here. When I saw you a few days ago, the traffic signals were dead and there were just two carriages on the track (I think). I was in WMT this morning and the system is working perfectly with three carriages and the lights are working (although the green light at the Store end appears to remain partially lit all the time).

Did you do something to it?
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

we found another mechanical problem with the motor bogies which has been resolved and i think Geof found a loose connection which he fixed

there are still problems with the flashers but he thinks it is perhaps something gone on the board
we now can switch off the layout so we do not short out the between running power and lighting when cleaning track or putting carriages on track

sorry I havent spoken before but getting ready for Railway Weekend put it out of my mind

Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Peter,

Which board. Mine or yours?
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

I think from the conversation this morning he means the ones under the Underground
We are getting in some replacement board kits so that they can be swopped or be available for future use this winter
Geoff also adjusted on of the sensors so that the train slowed down on its return to start station
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I happened to be in WMT this afternoon and noticed that the Underground train only stops occasionally when it passes a sensor. More often than not it went straight through the tunnel and several times it didn't stop properly at the door end.

I can think of one or two reasons for this. I'm aware that carriages have been removed from the train and work has been done on the bogies. When this was first installed, we put reflective tape on the underside of the front and rear carriages to improve detection. Is it possible that has fallen off or has gone sway when the carriage was changed? Alternatively, could the sensors be obstructed in some way (debris in the holes for example)? Finally, it is possible that the Sensor boards or even the Pi inputs are intermittent, but I think that is unlikely since these components tend to be quite reliable.

Let me know if you identify any problems that I can help with.
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

we noticed this on Monday and added the 4th coach to slow the train down
Geoff had added reflective tape in front of the bogies as he thought it was too close to the track
I get the impression it is an intermittent fault possibly caused by speed
am I right in thinking if the train isnt up to speed when it crosses the sensor then the computer does not read the signal?
could that be changed?
perhaps we need an on site discussion
hope Geoff sees this and responds

Peter