On-site Integration

peter

Re: On-site Integration

Post by peter »

Hi Terry

Keith and I think this is a good idea and we are agreed that 10 minutes is about right so please go ahead and write the revision

I tried it on Thursday and 4 runcycles seemed to get the train from cold to normal so I think try that combination
I have been unable to find how to get to Subscribe so would appreciate some instruction
Regards Peter
peter

Post by peter »

Hi Terry

Keith and I think this is a good idea and we are agreed that 10 minutes is about right so please go ahead and write the revision

I tried it on Thursday and 4 runcycles seemed to get the train from cold to normal so I think try that combination
I have been unable to find how to get to Subscribe so would appreciate some instruction
Regards Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

peter wrote: 05/04/2019, 15:33Keith and I think this is a good idea and we are agreed that 10 minutes is about right so please go ahead and write the revision. I tried it on Thursday and 4 runcycles seemed to get the train from cold to normal so I think try that combination.
OK. Will do.
peter wrote: 05/04/2019, 15:33I have been unable to find how to get to Subscribe so would appreciate some instruction
They're a bit brief, and the whole thing is a bit arcane, but the FAQs give some indication of what to do (they are also out of date, so I'll give you a step-by-step guide). See this answer app.php/help/faq#f8r1 and the one following it.

I would suggest that you subscribe to the 'WMT Underground Railway' Forum in it's entirety by going to the top-level of the Forum at viewforum.php?f=18, then clicking on the link entitled 'Subscribe Forum' at the bottom of the page (in the blue banner labelled 'Board Index'). This will ensure that you will be informed of any new sub-forums that are created, eg Documentation (there is something new in there too).

However, you will also need to subscribe to the sub-forums and Topics of interest for you to always be informed when new stuff is created. For each Sub-forum, (eg Integration), use the link in the banner, as for the top-level forums. This will ensure that you will be informed of any new Topics that are created.

For Topics, it's a bit more involved. When inside the Topic, eg 'on-Site Integration', go to the top or bottom of the page and click on the Tools menu (a list-box with a spanner icon). You will then be able to click on the 'Subscribe Forum' option. This will ensure that you will be informed of any new Replies that are created.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I've just returned from WMT having installed the new software (see viewtopic.php?f=22&t=123#p1883). The software is working as advertised, but the warm-up is not making the train any easier to pull. Even after the 6 start-up cycles, it was only just making it to the Door End Station and after a 10 minute delay the programmed 4 cycles didn't get it out of the tunnel.

I think maybe the lighting tracks may need a bit more lubrication (maybe it's a weekly thing)?
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

will be there Monday morning and will clean track and lubricate
Thanks for your efforts

Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I was in WMT this afternoon and the train was still running slowly.

However, the good news is that there was a couple of people from Spire FM who seemed quite impressed with the Underground Train. They had a camera (although quite how you transmit videos/photos on a radio channel I'm not sure).

Also any time that I've been in the Railway Room, there have been lots of Ooohs and Ahhhs when the people saw the Underground (even when it wasn't running. :) )
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

Yes we saw the same this morning
we cleaned the track and lubed the centre and outside lines but seemingly no difference in running

the train pulls out into the tunnel and stops and t on the outward journey the train barely reaches its top speed before it stopshen runs almost to the entrance near the door it stops the station red light changes to green and the train commences its return journey.Speeds are about right we think it is not fast as mainline

would extending the running times help as the outward journey barely reaches speed before it stops but the return journey seems faster because the train seems to be more responsive

any thoughts

we have also had good reports

Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Peter,

I can extend the time before the program stops looking for the sensor and that will ensure that the train runs further down the track before it halts. The downside is that when the train misses a sensor (which does on rare occasions) then it could continue much further down the track than the tunnel.

The current 'full speed' time (the period after the train stops accelerating to the time when it begins to stop without passing (or seeing) a sensor) is currently 5 seconds on outward legs and 6 seconds on return legs. (The difference was due to the discrepancy in speed between outward and return legs at the time that code was written. It may well be the other way round now,)

Let me know what you would like to increase it to and I'll do it.
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

Terry
Perhaps the outward journey time to be the same as the return 6 seconds
I think its a case of try it and see

Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

There is very definitely a difference between the speed of the train on the outward journey compared to the return. The train used to go fairly well on the outward journey and crawl coming back, but it is now the other way round, so I do think we need a differential with mote than 6 seconds on the way out.

I would suggest 7 seconds on outward legs and 6 on the return.
Terry