Integrating the New Gate Valve Assembly into the System

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
TerryJC

Integrating the New Gate Valve Assembly into the System

Post by TerryJC »

This Topic has been raised to cover the integration of the new Gate Valve Assembly into the system. The build of this device has been covered here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=103&start=40#p1760 and the integration into the Software Framework here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112#p1642. The device has been working on the bench for some time and now that the new SumpPi appears to be working (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116&start=10#p1775), it is time to integrate the finished Gate Valve into the system too.

The intention is to do this next week, but before we can complete it, we will need to refit the Ethernet Switch in or near the ButtsPi case and to do that we will need an additional mains outlet.

Apart from that we will need to uncomment all of the references to the Gate Valve in the SumpPi version of the Software Framework, which were added to allow the SumpPi to work.
Terry
TerryJC

Re: Integrating the New Gate Valve Assembly into the System

Post by TerryJC »

This morning the new Gate Valve Assembly was integrated into the system. There is currently very little water in the river or the Butts (due to the lack of rain over the past week or so), so it hasn't been possible to test the valve over its full operating range. However, the Gate Valve and Wendy Butts Pis were both observed to connect to the (master) SumpPi and readings were being taken just before we left the site.

The operation of the system as a whole will be observed over the coming days and weeks to check for correct and reliable operation. There are some minor glitches that will need to be addressed in the software framework; these will be recorded in due course.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Shall I move some of these posts to the River System Status thread?
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I don't think that is necessary. These posts are closely related to integration of the Gate Valve rather than the status of the whole system. If you like, you could put a link to here over there.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

My September posts would probably be better in the River System Status thread, Hamish. Thanks for tiding it up.
Penri

Post by Penri »

Oh well!
wmtprojectsforum
Amministratore

Post by wmtprojectsforum »

I think it makes sense to move them, so I went ahead to do it.

Seeing as they've moved, I'm leaving a link here for anyone reading back later. Some of the posts that were here are now available in the river system status thread from here onwards viewtopic.php?f=13&t=187&start=20#p2688