Canford liaison

A forum to organise work carried out by Canford School students
geoffhorton

Canford liaison

Post by geoffhorton »

Next Monday, 17Sept, we plan to arrive slightly later, at 13:30. Ben Orme-Smith has some ideas for a new water turbine for discussion. rgds
Penri

Re: Canford liaison

Post by Penri »

Ok, message received, we’ll be ready and waiting.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Geoff,

Hamish has created a new sub-forum and moved this Topic into it.

From now on, registered users will be able to add new Topics at the top level (at viewforum.php?f=17), so it will be easy for the students / teams to add a Topic for each Project, ie, Flow Measurement, Waterwheel Improvement and Visitor GUI.

Our idea is that this Topic will be used for general communications, such as this post, your time of arrival (like your first post) and for letting us know who is coming to WMT each Monday (or not as the case may be).

(I appreciate you may not see this immediately since you probably aren't subscribed yet, but the information is here and you will probably discover it the next time you need to post. :) )
Terry
geoffhorton

Post by geoffhorton »

Thanks
geoffhorton

Re: Canford liaison - forum access

Post by geoffhorton »

We have agreement that pupils may use the forum subject to them having individual login so that all contributions are attributable to the individual. They should use their proper name as login. If you are happy with this, I will ask them to sign in. Geoff
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK by me.

Assuming Penri and Hamish are in agreement; Hamish, can you process the student registrations as they arrive?
Terry
geoffhorton

Re: Canford liaison - 24 Sept

Post by geoffhorton »

We will be on the latest bus from Canford, arriving 13:45. Departing for 15:30 bus.

Ben will be working at Canford. He has asked if he can borrow the existing wheel for measuring. If so, I will bring it back for him. rgds Geoff
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Yep, I will approve them as they come i, if needed.
Hamish
geoffhorton

Re: Canford liaison - 24 Sept

Post by geoffhorton »

the pupils have each decided, independently, to work in Canford today. I will get them all to update progress on the Forum. so there will be no visitors today. Regards,
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK. Message received. I'll see everyone next week.
Terry