Meeting with Canford School 22nd January 2018

A forum for discussing/summarising the meetings we hold at WMT. Also a good place for general discussion.
TerryJC

Meeting with Canford School 22nd January 2018

Post by TerryJC »

All,

As I mentioned to Penri on Tuesday morning, I have produced a draft Presentation to help us get through what is likely to be a pretty busy meeting. As Penri and I discussed at the time, we could use this as a full-blown Presentation, complete with screen and laser pointer :D or just as a cue sheet, although we still might want to put up the map that I've used as the background and on Slide 5.

We now have just over a week before the students arrive, so if you have any comments, let me know.

(In any case, we'll have to consult with Greg about the Health and Safety Slide and I've left a Question Mark against Stuart's name in Slide 3 because I'm not sure of his job title.)
Attachments
Inaugural_Meeting_2018.odp
(451.65 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Terry
hamishmb

Re: Meeting with Canford School 22nd January 2018

Post by hamishmb »

A cue sheet might be better - bit more interesting :)

Maybe we should each do a little talk about the work we in particular have done for this project, so they know more about us and who they should ask for different things?

Looks good Terry, but I do have a few notes:

Might be a good idea to put me as software team leader - I wrote the software we have so far and am doing a lot of the software planning for what we will do later - people should probably ask me about detailed software-related things. Just a suggestion :)

I believe we do have a H&S policy, but don't know what it is.

5 - Do we have a better/clearer map at hand?

7 - Can shorten the URL to "wmtprojectsforum.altervista.org/", also typo "Paage" XD

Note: Do we want to stick our emails in here? This forum is great for discussion, but email can be better if someone just needs to quickly ask us something.

Note 2: Do we want to put a little detail into how our hardware & software designs work? The specs could be a little intimidating/confusing without any initial context.

Just my two cents :)

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Good work, I think this should just about do it for the "formal" part, the rest can be catered for in the Q&As and discussion on individual projects.

I suggest we ask Greg / Stuart for some words vis a vis H&S, facilities, etc.

I'd like to see all communications going through the forum so everything is out in the open and seen to be above board.

I've incorporated Hamish's corrections in the presentation attached and made a few minor changes myself all open for comment of course. Couldn't locate the tracked changes feature, if one exists, sorry.

Hwyl

Penri
Attachments
Inaugural_Meeting_2018 v02.odp
(449.22 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Looks good, and points taken :)

Note: The Development Process should probably mention Agile techniques, and that we are flexible - we often go back and revisit requirements and so on. As it is at the moment, it's made to look rather waterfall-ey and rigid in my opinion, compared to how we actually work.

Just to confirm, this meeting is on Monday the 22nd, not Tuesday the 23rd? If so, I may not come in on Tuesday that week due to time constraints.

Hamish
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Hamish,

We will review the Presentation tomorrow and add your point about Agile Development then.

The Meeting is next Monday.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay. Thanks Terry :)
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

All,

The attached version of the Presentation contains the changes made last week and on Tuesday morning, plus the H&S content now agreed by Greg and Stuart.

Any further comments please let me know by Sunday AM, so I can incorporate them.
Attachments
Inaugural_Meeting_2018 v03.odp
(453.81 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Terry