Water Backup Integration Discussion

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
hamishmb

Re: Water Backup Integration Discussion

Post by hamishmb »

Note, I didn't uncommit the code, it should still be there, just commented out.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

For example, the sump pi water backup logic can be found at line 667 of the file at https://gitlab.com/wmtprojectsteam/rive ... type=heads
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Thanks Hamish. I seem to misunderstand / misread text more and more these days; probably related to my age (74 today :-) ).

It's helpful that you've pointed that out, I had forgotten that i have to take my wife to Dorchester today, so would have been struggling to identify the relevant code in the time available.

Incidentally, I couldn't find anything discussing my work on this capability in the forums either, but no doubt, I was simply typing the wrong search terms.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

TerryJC wrote: 17/04/2024, 6:46Incidentally, I couldn't find anything discussing my work on this capability in the forums either, but no doubt, I was simply typing the wrong search terms.
I don't know why, but when I used the search tool to identify discussions about this development, phpBB only found this current topic. but when I had another look just now, by scrolling through posts, I found this: viewtopic.php?t=324, hopefully that will help.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

No problem.
Hamish
AndrewM

Post by AndrewM »

Thanks Terry (I hope you had a goor birthday) for setting this topic up to get me started and thanks Hamish for pointing me to that sumppilogic.py file. I'd already looked (many weeks ago now) at that file and somehow missed that part of of it was what I was supposed to be looking for.

Terry - I assume there are other bits of code in other files relating this and locating them will allow me to get properly started. Will "water backup" be a good search term?