Documentation reorganisation

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
TerryJC

Re: Documentation reorganisation

Post by TerryJC »

hamishmb wrote: 13/08/2022, 14:26I've now removed these files off the fileserver here - please use the git repository at https://gitlab.com/wmtprojectsteam/rive ... ystem-docs from now on. Seeing as it has everything from your local archive of river system stuff now, it might be best to just clone this repository for easy pushing and receiving updates in the future, Terry.
OK. As a precaution, I've zipped up all of my original files in case something was missing. Hopefully not and in due course I'll delete to archive.

I've now cloned the repository as you suggested.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I have finished updating the list and searching the forum for missing files. All in all, together with Terry's archive, we now have almost everything, and probably everything important. I haven't searched for some files because they were exclusively about hardware and I wouldn't know where to look or what versions to expect to find.

I'm nearly done with the documentation reorganisation now, with just a few tasks left. I will post again when I've made some more progress.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I have now moved all the canford school files and the NAS Box files that will fit in GitLab (there are file size limits). The remaining files can stay on the fileserver I guess.

I have also updated the announcement to make it more general. There are a few things left to do, but I'll finish them next week.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Here is a list of the river system files that remain on the forum webserver, as they are too big to fit in the repos:
  • The river system VMs.
  • Various NAS box (D-Link DNS 320-L) files:
    • The software setup CD.
    • The firmware, including the latest update package, dumps of the NAND flash, and GPL code downloaded from D-Link's website.
    • The cross compiler and related files, including the cross compiler source and config files (including a modified setup file), the VM that is used for cross compiling, the cross compiler's dependencies, and the source for all the packages I cross compiled for the NAS box.
  • The special Canford School NAS Box VM, which included some extra quality of life features.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I have now deduplicated the files in the repository with the help of the command I found at: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/578 ... nts-in-git - saved for future reference.

Some duplicates remain. Most are due to having saved multiple "Releases" of the river system software, or canford projects, and can be ignored. The remaining ones are noted in the list above.

I have now taken the river system documentation reorganisation as far as I can. There are still some unresolved issues and missing files, but as these all relate to the hardware, they are best dealt with by someone else. These are all in the list at the start of this thread.

EDIT: To edit that list, you will probably need to be logged in with the admin account.
Hamish