Intermittent Music in the Chancel

Discussion forum about Wimborne Model Town's Minster Bells System.
TerryJC

Intermittent Music in the Chancel

Post by TerryJC »

While I was replacing the 12 V PSU a week or so ago, I noticed that the music was intermittent and would go off if the wring was disturbed. Clearly there is a loose wire somewhere. I didn't pursue it because I had other things to sort at the time and I didn't want to break it permanently. It was also unbearably hot in the chancel!

Yesterday, I had a quick look at the Minster and noticed that the music appears to be coming from the tower as well as the chancel. I mentioned this to Nick who said that he'd not noticed that, but he had noticed that there was a blue wire in there which would restore the music if he moved it.

I think that we may not be able to leave this until October to fix, but it is still very hot inside the chancel and I don't want to risk breaking anything until the holiday season is less hectic, so I'll keep the problem in mind until late September or early October. If we get a particularly cool day, I might go in early and see if I can tie back this blue wire to prevent the crosstalk.
Terry