Build of Deployable Units

This forum is to cover discussion about the design and implementation of a model TV Set to be placed in the Window of one of the two TV Shops in the WMT.
Penri

Re: Build of Deployable Units

Post by Penri »

Terry

I'm out walking tomorrow but there will be someone at the house otherwise any afternoon is fine (although I'm donating an armful of blood on Monday PM).

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

No rush. Monday afternoon is probably a good time.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I have completed the software mods to the following devices:
  • Tiny-TV2 - Multi-screen Interface Board.
  • Tiny-TV3 - Multi-screen Interface Board.
  • Tiny-TV5 - Single-screen Interface Board.
I have updated the Composite Document for these devices and uploaded it to the file server at https://wmtprojectsforum.altervista.org ... r=Tiny-TVs.

Penri,

I will bring these Boards to your house tomorrow afternoon at around 2-2:30 pm. Also in the package will be the Screen that was susceptible to noise when connected to a Multi-screen Interface Board and the Crimping tool that you loaned me.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Do you still have any crimps and headers left?
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

I didn't actually mean to return the Dupont crimping tool; I was actually referring to the general purpose crimping tool that you gave me to cut the screws. :)

However, if you want the Dupont tool back, I'll it in the box with the contacts and shrouds. (I will need it again if I have to make any more Gate Valves, etc.)
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Oh! My mistake but I would like to borrow the DuPont stuff, please.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK. I'll put that in the box too.
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

Terry, just noted your proposed arrival time today, I will not be here, my donation session is at 13:55, however, Vicky will and she has the package with the two TinyTV controllers for you.

I have ordered what I hope are suitable boxes for the TinyTV controller boards, with a bit of luck they should arrive this week so I can assemble the parts ready for installation.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Ok.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I have modified the third Multi-screen Interface Board (Tiny-TV1) and updated the software on it and on Tiny-TV5.

While I was testing Tiny-TV5, I retested the Screens that had all the faults on them. I found one that appeared to work OK on a Single-screen board and the one that had transposed wiring worked after I had swapped the cable assy with one of the dead ones.

Penri,

I'll bring everything back yo you when it's convenient. Let me know.
Terry