Build

TerryJC

Build

Post by TerryJC »

I paused prototype construction some time ago while I finalised the software, see the Software Topic at viewforum.php?f=55. Once I had the Webserver working satisfactorily, I paused all work on this Project to allow some progress on the Tiny-Tvs Project, see viewtopic.php?f=39&t=288. Now that has reached a natural break, I will take this prototype hardware and turn it into a deployable item by adding the final wiring between the electronic devices and the connectors.

As agreed in a recent Telecon with Penri, I will then deliver the system to him ready for Installation and Setting to Work.

This Topic will detail any information needed to complete the Build.
Terry
TerryJC

Re: Build

Post by TerryJC »

Sitrep:

The wiring is completed and theoretically should be working. I have some work to do to test the complete assembly and get the system ready for deployment:
  1. Set a static IP address for the Pi 3 which runs the Webserver and the Music Player. (The Bells Player already has a static IP address on the internal 192.168.10.x subnet.)
  2. Configure the Webserver to run on nginx on startup. (It has previously been run on the flask development server.)
  3. Check that the audio is appearing at the relevant connectors. The wires have been buzzed out but without a speaker load, the O/P seems to consist only of square waves.
  4. Check the solenoid outputs for the Quarterjack. Again, The wires have been buzzed out but I want to run the outputs into a couple of suitable loads.
  5. Autostart all software at boot up.
If I think of anything else, I'll add it.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I'm currently running the system 'buttoned up' while monitoring the CPU Load etc. It's been running since around 11 am and the current stats are looking good:

Screenshot_20210318_142919.png
Screenshot_20210318_142919.png (203.62 KiB) Viewed 488 times

The main task now is to complete the testing.

I also want to update the documentation before I deliver it for deployment.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Current power consumption as measured on my Bench PSU is 12 V, ~0.4 A, ie, less than 5 W!
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I completed Unit assembly and testing this morning and will post the Composite Document to https://wmtprojectsforum.altervista.org ... ls_Players sometime this weekend.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I have just uploaded the Composite Document to https://wmtprojectsforum.altervista.org ... ss_0.1.odt.

This is the first draft of the document, although I have been assembling it for some time. Section 5 includes Circuit and Layout Drawings which should suffice to guide installation at WMT.

When the system is installed and running, I will revise this and raise it to Issue 1.0.
Terry