Electronic Design

TerryJC

Electronic Design

Post by TerryJC »

I have completed the first draft of the Circuit Diagram for the Re-engineered system; see attached. There are some Notes about this on Sheet 3 and in addition some details like wire colours and connector pinouts will have to wait until the discussion about connector types is complete.

You may notice that this circuit is significantly simpler than the existing system because there is no longer any need for the switches, debouncing circuits or audio conditioning circuits. This leaves two Pis, two Pirate Audio HATs, two DC/DC Converter, two network adaptors and some discrete components to be accommodated inside the Equipment Case. There may be room to move the 12 V PSU Brick into the case, but I won't know that until I have laid out all the components.

Please leave any comments that you might have below. In the meantime, I will start looking at the Mechanical Layout of the system.
Attachments
Minster_Bells_and_Player_Circuit_V0.1.odg
(710.03 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Terry
Penri

Re: Electronic Design

Post by Penri »

Terry

I have no issues with the diagram.

Hwyl

Penri
TerryJC

Re: Electronic Design

Post by TerryJC »

I have modified the Circuit Diagram to show the power being derived from the 12 V DC Lighting supply in the Minster (see viewtopic.php?p=4513#p4513.

Other minor changes have been included as issues emerged during the mechanical design. These changes include adding the connectors that have been agreed.
Attachments
Minster_Bells_and_Player_Circuit_V0.2.odg
(713.31 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Terry