August 2017 Development - Control of Water in the Sump

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
TerryJC

August 2017 Development - Control of Water in the Sump

Post by TerryJC »

While I've been waiting for various parts to arrive, I've been documenting what will have to be done. Attached to this post are three drawings:
  1. A Layout diagram for the Sump Pi installation. This covers future elements, such as the Motor Drive Board, but these won't be fitted yet.
  2. A Layout diagram for the Butts Pi installation. This also covers a future level detector, which may or may not be a Resistance Probe, but only the float switch will catered for at present.
  3. A Layout Diagram for the Interfacing Board, covering circuits for all known future requirements.
As I build the system I may have to update these (especially the dimensions of the baseboards needed, but I think the layout chosen provides the best distribution of elements to ease the wiring.

I am also working on an updated version of the spreadsheet that I put together to define the wiring of the D-Type. This will cover all of the wiring for this installation.
Attachments
Interfaces_Board_Layout_V0.2.odg
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
SumpPi_Installation.odg
(518.7 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
ButtsPi_Installation.odg
(365.69 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Terry
hamishmb

Re: August 2017 Development - Control of Water in the Sump

Post by hamishmb »

Looks good Terry :)
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

With a bit of hacking and re-distribution of functions, a lot of this will be re-used for the Design Spec and User Manual.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Cool :)
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Terry, good thing you have a new router: I can connect but the range is still awful even in good weather
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

It isn't new; it's a fairly old one which Clive has loaned to the Project. It doesn't allow IP Address Allocation directly, but it does allow the DHCP lease to be set to 'Forever'. When we need to allocate IP Addresses to the Sump Pi and the Butts Pi we'll have to connect them in the order that we want them to be and resist the temptation to connect with a phone or laptop until that's been done.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

As long as it has 2.4GHZ should be fine. My old one is more configurable, would you like to use that instead?
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Let's see how I get on.
Terry