New feature: Tapatalk support for mobile users.

Where announcements for eg scheduled downtime shall be made.
wmtprojectsforum
Amministratore

New feature: Tapatalk support for mobile users.

Post by wmtprojectsforum »

Hi all,

I have installed the Tapatalk plugin, and registered this site with Tapatalk, which makes this site more accessible to mobile users.

Tapatalk is an app for Android and iOS (and possibly others) that allows you to use forums in a way that is simpler and more cohesive on mobile devices. Give it a try if you like.

The easiest way to set up is to navigate to the site through your browser (on your mobile device), and click the Tapatalk banner that appears at the top. Then proceed to log in when prompted (if you have an account), and use the nicer mobile-friendly interface.

Hamish
TerryJC

Re: New feature: Tapatalk support for mobile users.

Post by TerryJC »

wmtprojectsforum wrote: The easiest way to set up is to navigate to the site through your browser (on your mobile device), and click the Tapatalk banner that appears at the top. Then proceed to log in when prompted (if you have an account), and use the nicer mobile-friendly interface.

Hamish
I tried it on my Moto G5+. Unfortunately, the ability to use it by first going to the Forum with the browser only seems to work in Firefox. I therefore navigated to the Forum from inside the App. The banner still didn't appear in Chrome.

Now that I've logged in, I am using the App to edit this. The main advantage that I see with it is it's ability to see all the forums that I use in one place.

The main disadvantage that I've spotted is that it doesn't directly support quoting, so to create this post, I had to (laboriously) select the text that I wanted to quote and then click reply.

Since I only use one supported forum, I'll probably carry on with the browser.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Hmm, weird.

I tend not to quote anyway, but fair enough.

I may/may not use it myself, but I thought it might make it more open as a discussion forum even if just for outside viewing.

Hamish
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

TerryJC wrote: 01/04/2018, 8:50The main disadvantage that I've spotted is that it doesn't directly support quoting, so to create this post, I had to (laboriously) select the text that I wanted to quote and then click reply.
For anyone who might decide to use this tool; I have now discovered how to get it to Quote previous text.

If you touch the big orange icon with the curly arrow on it, you simply get to post a new Reply, but completely empty. If instead, you click on the word 'Reply' at the foot of each post. you get the quoted text.

I will still probably stick to the browser interface because of the familiar interface, but I can see that some people could like it.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Note: The Tapatalk plugin for this forum was updated today. If you encounter any issues, let me know.
Hamish
wmtprojectsforum
Amministratore

Post by wmtprojectsforum »

Note: Tapatalk has been disabled on this forum as it was not being used and the plugin isn't updated regularly.
Penri

Post by Penri »

Understood, thanks.