Procurement

TerryJC

Procurement

Post by TerryJC »

I believe that I have a hardware design that will fulfil the requirements (see viewtopic.php?p=2965#p2965 and have now pretty much completed kitting. Eventually I will publish the full Items List as part of the Documentation.

Many of the parts needed were already available from the stock purchased by Clive for the Underground Railway. Others I have been able to scavenge from the River System stock. However, we had some shortages and I have purchased these and will ultimately claim the costs from the WMT. Apart from small discretes, such as resistors, capacitors, etc. I have procured the following items which will be charged to the Milk Shake Factory budget:
  1. 1-off Raspberry Pi Zero. (There is one in the Railway stores, but using that would have consumed the last spare.)
  2. 20-off White LEDs. (We only need six, but there was a Minimum Order Qty. The rest will be retained as spares or for future projects.)
  3. 50-off 5.0mm Pitch PCB Mount Screw Terminal Block 2 Way Terminal Blocks. (These came in bags of 50. Approx four of these will be used for this project and the rest will be used to replenish the River System Stock and for future projects.)
  4. 50-off 5.0mm Pitch PCB Mount Screw Terminal Block 3 Way Terminal Blocks. (Ditto.)
The Terminal Blocks were relatively cheap, but quite a few will be needed on the River System; hence the quantity. The blocks used on the Underground came from River System Stock. The total cost of the above will be around £25 including P/P.

The other main components needed were:
  1. Motor Drive Board. (Clive bought too many for the Underground.)
  2. 3-off DC/DC Converters. (These have come from stock bought by Clive and the River System stock.
  3. 20 V PSU Brick. (Clive donated two to the Railway projects some time ago.)
  4. 1-off IR Sensor. (Bought by the Railway team some time ago.)
  5. 1-off IRLZ44NPBF MOSFET. (From general WMT stock.)
  6. [1-off 500 Ohm Multi-turn potentiometer. (Donated from my stock.)
  7. Veroboard, mounting board and other sundries. (From River System stock.)
Terry