Canford liaison

A forum to organise work carried out by Canford School students
geoffhorton

Re: Canford liaison

Post by geoffhorton »

Hi! - sorry its gone quiet due to half-term and then mock exams. We are back in business this week but no plan to visit. Ben has agreed to write up his status to hand over to a new recruit. Tom sadly has family issues to add to his exam pressure. Phillip tells me he is making progress and intends to continue next year, possibly next term also. JC and Flinn are building their wheel casing but having development problems all the way! I expect them to turn up in my lab shortly for the next round. They intend to work on it next term.

I have asked them all to prepare to present progress to you, either there or here if you wish, before the end of this term, ie next Monday or 25th. Please let me know if either is not good for you. This will be my swan song - I am retiring - but we have two new Physics teachers starting and I hope one of them will take it on. rgds
Penri

Post by Penri »

Thanks for the update, Terry and I will have a chat and let me know what suits the WMT folk best, we're looking forward to seeing and hearing how all the projects are getting along.
Penri

Post by Penri »

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we'd like to go for the show and tell on the 18th at WMT please.
geoffhorton

Post by geoffhorton »

Good morning - we broke up at lunchtime on Friday so I'm not yet sure who can make it today. I'll let you know, but assume some of us will be down. Regards
Penri

Post by Penri »

The first Canford visit to WMT will be on Monday the 16th, the bus leaves the school at 13:30 so should be with us by 14:00.
This first meet will be a chance to meet Mr David Hivey, who succeeds Geoff Horton, and the boys. I want to use the time we have to reintroduce our aims, to show the progress we’ve made and so discuss with the boys their plans for the coming school year.
I can probably manage the visit myself but if either of you (Terry and Hamish) would like to attend that would be great.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I should be able to get there.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I can probably attend, however I have other things I need to do, so unless it'd be really useful for me to come I'd prefer not to.
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hamish

You are, of course, welcome to attend but I don’t think it’s necessaey, I’d rather you came along when there’s something more tangible to discuss.

Penri
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Penri,

Do we need a laptop with the presentation?
Terry
Penri

Post by Penri »

I did suggest the David that he got the boys to show him the forum, if they haven’t then the laptop would be very helpful. If you have the presentation we did before to hand it may come in helpful.
We have a lot of actual stuff now, I think a show and tell would be better than a presentation.
If you could bring a valve and probe as well, so we can show the technology, that would be good.
A system sketch would be helpful too.