Investigation of Level Sensor Anomalies

Acts as an interface between the other forums here. Used to coordinate overall direction of the project.
Penri

Re: Investigation of Level Sensor Anomalies

Post by Penri »

There are two probes "ready to go" you have one, Hamish has the other, which is the one you had an issue with but seems ok to me.

My prime aim tomorrow is the get the 16 port switch up and running, and then the system re-commissioned with it in circuit, I believe we should have all the kit, cables, etc. available to do that.

The SButtsPi needs long lengths of Cat5e and 12V DC cable which I'm not sure we have enough of, we'll have to do the measurements tomorrow.
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

OK. I'll just bring the Cat5e connectors and cable (I'm sure we will have enough of that). For the 12 V circuit, could we use standard two-core mains cable, which is still available, but not as common as it used to be?
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

I will bring the probe back tomorrow - I didn't need it and not much space for it here. I have CAT5e and plugs - I'll bring mine in as well. I don't have any 12V DC cable, unfortunately.

There's an outstanding bug in the sockets code which can cause it to do that, but it will tend to say it connected, and then it disconnected in a cycle over and over again for a short while. It's annoying, but doesn't affect reliability or functionality. Also, if the router was sort of half working that might have something to do with it. I'll look into it - haven't done the unit tests for the sockets code yet, so I might find something.
Hamish