'First-Off Production' System Interfacing

A forum for discussion on the WMT River Control System hardware.
TerryJC

'First-Off Production' System Interfacing

Post by TerryJC »

This Topic follows on from the B-Model Interfacing Topic at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=113&start=10#p1773 and is intended to document the construction of the 'First-Off Production' System Interfacing Assembly, which is intended to be installed at the Wendy Street Butts.

Lessons learned from the B-Model Development have been taken on board and the original drawings have now been incorporated into a composite Design and Installation document, which is attached to this post.

Kitting has commenced and I expect to begin construction shortly.
Attachments
WMT_River_System_Master&Remote_Pis_Composite_Document_Iss_0.1.odt
(364.19 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Terry
TerryJC

Re: 'First-Off Production' System Interfacing

Post by TerryJC »

This work has currently put on (I hope very temporary) hold while I test and install the new Software Framework (see viewtopic.php?f=14&t=131. The build is about half-way through at present.

Once we're happy with the software, I'll resume this build.
Terry
TerryJC

Re: 'First-Off Production' System Interfacing

Post by TerryJC »

Well. The temporary hold on this work turned into several weeks. However, I have now fully built and tested this system and have found only one minor fault. I'm currently waiting for an item from Amazon to help me fix this. However, by using a workround, I've proved that the hardware is otherwise serviceable.

In parallel with this, I've been preparing new SD Cards for all three devices, using Raspbian Lite see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132&p=1919&hilit=Ra ... Lite#p1919 (which was also put on hold when the Gate Valve proved to need some tender loving care).

I need to set up a simulated WMT River System with two more Pis and some other bits and pieces of hardware, but I should be ready to install this device and the new SD Cards sometime in the next day or two. I may have to wait until Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning if the WMT is likely to be busy this weekend.

I've attached an updated version of the Master & Remote Pis Composite Document, which reflects all the errors and omissions that I found in Version 0.1 (and some lessons learned too).
Attachments
WMT_River_System_Master&Remote_Pis_Composite_Document_Iss_0.2.odt
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Terry