Software Release

TerryJC

Software Release

Post by TerryJC »

The latest version of the software has been uploaded to GitLab at https://gitlab.com/wmtprojectsteam/underground-railway.

There are three files. The main code is undergroundcontrol.py and this is what will run on the system once it has been commisioned. The two test files have been used to bench test the hardware and to help debug the software against the hardware.

Once commissioning has been completed, the the code will be updated in GitLab.
Terry
TerryJC

Re: Software Release

Post by TerryJC »

The latest version of the software has been uploaded to GitLab at https://gitlab.com/wmtprojectsteam/underground-railway. This is the version that was deployed at the WMT today.

There are now some more files; another test file and the script used to make the SD Card Read-only.

In addition to the files stored, a minor edit needs to be added at the bottom of the file /etc/profile, immediately after the last entry:

Code: Select all

cd /home/pi/WMT
python3 undergroundcontrol.py
This makes the program auto-start at boot-up every morning.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

After this morning's problems (see viewtopic.php?f=22&t=123#p1857, I have updated the Guard Rail detection code to use a similar routine to the IR Sensor detection code. This version has been released to GitLab and I will substitute it tomorrow morning.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I have just uploaded the latest version of the code to GitLab. This release is in response to the discussion at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=125&start=20#p1876 and now carries out the following:
  1. On boot-up, the train will run to the Door End and back six times to ensure that the engine is well and truly warmed up.
  2. On completion of the above cycles, the train will wait at the Store End Station until the Guard Rail Button is pressed or 10 minutes has elapsed:
    1. If there is no button press, then the the train will run to the Door End and back four times to rewarm the engine.
    2. If the button is pressed before the ten minutes, then the train will run to the Door End and back once.
    3. Steps a or b will repeat until the system is turned off.
I expect to call at WMT tomorrow afternoon to swap the new SD Card for the old.
Terry