Jobs list Winter / Spring 2018

Sub-forum to hold jobs lists
Penri

Re: Jobs list Winter / Spring 2018

Post by Penri »

Hello

For information, a combination padlock has been fitted on the gate separating Wendy Street from the Wendy Street butts area.

The combination is "2018", the unlock button is on the bottom of the padlock.

Hwyl

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

I dropped into WMT this morning and found the sump empty, the river still had water in it. I have family commitements today and tomorrow so will investigate and rectify when I can.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Hmm okay. We need to fix those leaks!

Do we want the padlock combination public, or should we change it?

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

The padlock is more a deterrent than security measure, we can change it that's what the general feeling is but take a look at it when you are next in.

Agreed about leaks but I'm sceptical about them being the cause of such a gross lost of water in such a short time.

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Okay, I'll guess I'll have a look on Tuesday. You think there are new leaks?

Hamish
Hamish
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

I went in to try to part rectify the situation this morning, the river levels were up to the top of the weirs in each section. The level being around 5mm off the top of the dam at the sump end, but the bog level was fairly low.

I started the hose and asked Nick to keep an eye on it. I will be back in tomorrow to see what impact the hose topping up had and how this evening's rain has impacted things.

The river is currently alive with frogs, newts and large numbers of tadpoles in the bog garden, so am loathe to risk their health.

I'm fairly confident there are leaks, but sceptical that there is one easy to find "big one", however much I wish there was.

I'm perplexed why the sump was empty on Saturday morning when I went in, yet the river levels were ok. I think the sooner we have the pumps and monitoring back in place the more concrete information we will have.

Hwyl

Peri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Went in the WMT to check on river, as you would expect given the rain, it was full and working nicely, apart for a frog perched on one of the water-wheel vanes. Having persuaded the frog to move on the wheel started turning again.

If you are are available tomorrow I'd like to fit the Wendy Street control box, plumb in and install the new pump in the sump, check out and system and get the Wendy Street butts filling again.

Hwyl

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello,

I thought I'd update this list to show progress and priorities after the excellent work on 03Apr18

River bed [On-hold for the moment due to frog spawn in the river, Hamish moved some of it into the bog but more has appeared since]
• Clean river bed - In Progress
• Identify and deal with leaks - Hamish start on 6/2/18.
• Maintain water levels - On-going

New Butt Farms

Rear of Lady Hanham building [On hold pending completion of tasks vital for re-opening of WMT for season]
3 groups of 5 barrels (2 groups at end of path, 1 group between Lady Hanham building and Model Railway building)
◦ Valves
◦ Controls
• Ground work / support structures
◦ Mortar concrete blocks in place
• Identify and purchase materials
◦ Pipework / joints
◦ Valves
◦ Trellis between Lady Hanham building and Model Railway building
• Installation

Gazebo
1 Group of 5 barrels
• Install guttering
• Locations
◦ Barrels
◦ Valves
◦ Controls
• Identify and purchase materials
• Installation
• Intranet antenna [Moved up a priority level] - Completed
◦ Tree branches removed to accommodate antenna mast, weatherproof box mounted to house electronics associated with WMT intranet (and later water control), cable access holes drilled and glands fitted. - Completed
◦ Internal layout of weatherproof box agreed and parts procured. - Completed
◦ Internal mounting plate required (Penri) - Completed
◦ Install and commission - Completed

Rear of Wendy house - Mounting posts for pipes and control box concreted into ground. New Wendy house assembled and in place.
• Edit by Hamish: Try to get the old system operational (poss. after 13 Feb 2018 when wendy house should be gone). - Completed
• Site for pump / valves / controls - Pump ordered 08Mar18
• Location of Ethernet switch
• Identify and purchase hardware
• Installation

Sump - I would really like to get the Wendy House butts back on line before WMT reopens but see below
• Tidy up plumbing and sump house
• Identify and install new pump - Pump ordered 08Mar18 - Completed
• Add control for new pump (if different from old) - Pump will be mains powered, existing SSR / control S/W should continue to work - Completed
• Make new sump removable door to show off sump contents. [Existing door modified to make it fit better]

Sump control ‘Green” box
• Prepare and Paint

Thank you for this mornings work.

Penri
Penri

Post by Penri »

Hello

Dropped in at WMT this morning and topped up, with the help of some rain, the river system so that water was beginning to flow back from the Wendy Street butts.

Have noted a couple of things:
The 400mm led of the sump probe is glowing dimly, but it does not appear to impact the operation of the pump control, which switches on and off normally.
Before I left yesterday afternoon the area around the Wendy Street ball valve was very wet, there may be a small leak there. It will be difficult to diagnose properly until we get drier weather or the leak gets worse!

Hwyl

Penri
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

That's good.
I shall have a look and download readings when I come in then.

Hamish
Hamish