Integrating the Stage and Lady Hanham Butts Devices into the System

Sub-forum to hold jobs lists
hamishmb

Re: Integrating the Stage and Lady Hanham Butts Devices into the System

Post by hamishmb »

Once you've got the unit tests sorted, I'll be happy to merge it (note that 100% coverage is not necessarily needed). Then I think we have some post-merge tasks to do to integrate it with the rest of the code, but they're all listed so should be easy enough.

By the time that's done I should have more confidence that the NAS box is working properly in-situ (all seems okay so far, checked up on it again this morning), and have time to fix the remaining bugs (or at least the high-priority ones). It's worth taking these things slowly sometimes :)

You're probably right about which order to do the logic in, I think we just didn't note the order so Terry and I got confused XD
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

The V12 (Stage) Gate Valve is now up and running. I updated the OS (the downloads completed at about 0945) and have checked the logs and readings. The current reading is 2%, as expected, and the log is complaining about being unable to connect, which i assume is because this Pi still has the old-style config.py. (So it is also as expected.)

Hamish I'll leave it to you to update the Software Framework, as agreed.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Software framework has been updated and VALVE12 is now integrated with the NAS box - can mark as done.

However, I suggest we don't change anything else until I've figured out the cause of our memory issue. This is quite vexing. I cannot see any reason in the logs for the crash, so I assume we must have run out of memory. Still weird though, given that we have 2GB of swap that was apparently not in use. I have checked that it does use swap when put under stress.
Hamish
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

More detail and insights into the Stage Pi integration are available at viewtopic.php?f=43&t=272
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I've annotated the main list to refer to the new Topic.
Terry
hamishmb

Post by hamishmb »

Ah good, but this is for the Stage SAC/Butts rather than the Sump one.
Hamish
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I'm not sure how I managed that ;-(

I've corrected it.
Terry