On-site Integration

TerryJC

On-site Integration

Post by TerryJC »

This is scheduled to begin tomorrow morning (6th January).
Terry
TerryJC

Re: On-site Integration

Post by TerryJC »

After the initial failure to work at all (finger trouble in the software), we returned on Monday the 10th and got the system basically working. There were two issues to resolve:
  1. The code needed a few more variables and routines, so that we could fine tune accelleration and speed in the Out and Back directions. I have added this code and tested it here at home.
  2. The response of the motor in the train seems a bit variable; on the first or second cycle it appears to go well, but then appears sluggish after that. The possibility of changing the motor id being explored.
I will return to WMT tomorrow morning for a third integration session.
Terry
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

The system was successfully integrated this morning. The OS has been made Read-only and a backup of the SD Card taken. The deployed version of the code has be pushed to GitLab.
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

Hi Terry
went in today working on PIR switch to replace Push Buuton operation
tried the Industrial Line and found the Locos running too fast and ramming the ends
could you please come and adjust the speeds
Shall be there mornings on Thursday Monday and Thursday AM 9- 12 can be there Tuesday if necessary
Regards
Peter Hardacre
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

Peter,

I'm afraid that I am unable to come in because we are shielding for the foreseeable future.

Do you know why the locos are going faster now? The software hasn't changed, so the only thing that could have changed is the rolling resistance or the sensor isn't working. Having said that, there is no sensor at the tunnel end, so that is unlikely.
Terry
peter

Post by peter »

Hi
used the same 3 locos no change to them
all we have done is change the button to a PIR trigger to start the program on the Computer
stay safe
Peter
TerryJC

Post by TerryJC »

I don't know what to suggest.
Terry